Two problems - Outlook Express Mail and no computer TV RRS feed

• Question

• Brought in 2003 computer (HP Media Center PC M380) to have memory upgrade. Optical drives were not working. Media center would not operate for TV viewing.  After memory was installed they said they were having "problems" so backed up my computer and proceeded to redown-load Window XP (2003) which they thought would solve all problems.  Couldn't do it.  Said I needed a harddrive, then a video card, then a motherboard...then recommended I buy a new computer.  I did but not from them.  Then I got a call that they successfully installed Windows XP.  Didn't need to replace all those other components except the optical drives.  I picked it up and by hook and crook reinstalled my old programs and put Antivirus back on.  Returned the new computer. ($650 +).  Repairs $280.  However, my Outlook Express account is now only a web site with Road Runner (Wisconsin) which I had before but it has no messages on it. Same as it was when I bought the computer in 2003.   I cannot bring up my old Outlook Express mail.  I have the files backed up but don't know how to get them integrated into Outlook Express.  I still have no TV picture (cable connected from wall to computer).  Guide downloads, Media Center appears but screen remains black.  An error message comes up "Decoder is either not installed or malfunctioned." If anyone can help me with these two problems I would be most grateful!   Helen
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Friday, June 8, 2012 12:05 PM off topic (From:TechNet Website Feedback)
    Friday, June 8, 2012 4:55 AM

All replies