ms s&t 2011 on more than 1 computer and other questions RRS feed

• Question

• if this has been asked before, sorry

my last version purchased was 2007 and i installed it on all my computers as it required no activation

i now want to upgrade to a newer version but with the activation now required i want to know if i can install it on more than 1 computer and if so, is there a limit ? it will be on different OS too if that matters (xp (home and pro) and 7 etc)

i do not want to buy a lic for every pc i own

also :

- will i be able to use my saved maps from 2007

- sort of the same question as the original, i have seen used copies on ebay, will i be able to activate it if i buy used ?

Thursday, January 26, 2012 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Snoopy,

The EULA states something to the effect that you may use the software on two devices you are the primary user of. This was the case in v2007, and this is still the case now.

Laptop GPS World
    Friday, January 27, 2012 11:21 AM
  • Hey, wait a damned minute here, Marvin.  you mean you actually read the EULA??
    Friday, January 27, 2012 4:57 PM
  • What else is there to do on a cold winter night than to read EULAs :-)

Quote:

2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.

a. Licensed Device. The licensed device is the device on which you use the software. You may install and use one copy of the software on the licensed device.

b. Portable Device. You may install another copy on a portable device for use by the single primary user of the licensed device.

Laptop GPS World
    Friday, January 27, 2012 5:06 PM