Unable to launch WHS Console RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently rebuilt my WHS, following overheating hard disks and a total failure of the system disk.

To try and prevent this happening again I have replaced two old 1TB disk with new 1.5TB low power ones.

All was working well until I fitted big heat sinks to the other to two disk drives. 
    I had to dismantle much of the case to get them in and I am not sure if the drives are now connected to same SATA ports

I had labelled the system disk so reset the BIOS to boot from that drive. However having booted up, I am unable to do much else.
    All four drives are conncted (and seen by the BIOS). But I can't launch the console and can't see most of the data.

Is this just a coincidence and I actually have a system corruption or is WHS sensitive to system port allocations ?
    Any suggestions ?
    Friday, October 2, 2009 1:31 PM

All replies

• It's sensitive to system port allocation.
    Friday, October 2, 2009 1:52 PM
  • Since your system boots up, the system disk seems to be properly attached, but another disk seens not to be connected any more properly (SATA cable not sitting properly on controller or disk?) or damaged.
    Can you logon locally and check the event log of your server for related errors?
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, October 2, 2009 2:31 PM