Word document default name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am making some functionality that is related to 'Save & Send'. And I need to know exact E-mail subject when I click 'Send as attachment' (or 'Send as Pdf' or 'Send as Xps').

One important notation - Word document is new and unsaved to local disk.

So, no problems with attaching original document because E-mail subject will be like 'Document1', 'Document2' etc. but if I am trying to attach as Pdf or Xps then issues appears:

1. If attached to Word document template (in our case Normal.dotx) has built in property 'Title' not empty then E-mail subject will be like this 'Title' property

2. If this 'Title' property is empty then E-mail subject will be like part of first Word document text line

And I don't want search and parse any document text. Is there a way to point E-mail subject without using first document line like a default? I tried set 'Title' property for document but it does not work.

Thanks

• Moved by Jie Bao Monday, September 17, 2012 5:42 AM (From:Word for Developers)
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrey,

According to your description, I think your issue is more like an Word end-user question. I would suggest you repost the issue on Word Answers Forum. The corresponding link is: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

The experts there are more familiar with the usage of Word and may give you more suggestions or workarounds.

Best Regards,

Leo_Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, September 17, 2012 3:03 AM
  • Thank you Leo Gao

I decided to parse Word document to solve this issue.

Will see. If bugs will be here I will try your suggestion.

Monday, September 17, 2012 7:45 PM