Simultaneous ring and forwarding not working RRS feed

• Question

• We have OCS 2007 running with a mediation server connecting to a Nortel SL1 PBX via Quintum DX.  Users are configured for Enterprise Voice (no PBX integration).  Everything seems to be working well in terms of connectivity for calling inbound & outbound (actually better than we even hoped).  What isn't working is simulring or call forwarding. From MOC it accepts the forward and appears to be set properly, but the features just don't work.  Interactively redirecting or conferencing users works fine.  It appears nothing is coming back to the mediation server (using logging tool to watch MediationServer stuff).  I've tried redirecting to an OCS number, a PBX user, and external ... none of them work. 

I'm new to OCS Voice and don't know where to look to troubleshoot.  Any help appeciated :)

-GT
    GT
    Friday, April 10, 2009 1:16 AM

All replies

• Are you using OCS 2007 RTM or R2?
    TechNet Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com
    Friday, April 10, 2009 4:19 AM
  • OCS 2007 RTM.  Using Communicator R2 if that makes any difference.

GT
    Friday, April 10, 2009 12:16 PM
  • I seem to have found the answer ... If I go back and use the older Communicator client it works fine :)  So it appears that using the Commincator R2 cleint with OCS 2007 RTM is not working for these features.  This is not really a problem as long as it does work when we upgrade to OCS 2007 R2 in a few weeks.

Actually, there is one glitch.  When set to forward to another number I do not hear any ringing (although it is ringing at the remote end).

GT
    Friday, April 10, 2009 5:48 PM
  • we have been told that Microsoft does not suppor the R2 Client with the R1 pool because of issues with forwarding and simultaneous ring.
    mitch
    Monday, April 20, 2009 4:04 PM
  • Yes, I found that later as well.

For my problem of not hearing a ring, this was also resolved by a change on the gateway.  A setting was set to "3.1khz" instead of "voice".  Once we changed that we heard ringing on forwarded calls.

GT
    Monday, April 20, 2009 8:15 PM