ASP View Validation Problem - Could not load file or assembly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had a problem with my ASP MVC application, whereby I had the wrong .dll referenced - it was an x86, where I needed an x64.  Understandably, when I tried to run the program it didn't work.  But I fixed this, replacing the .dll with the x64 version, and now the application works perfectly well.

The problem now is some kind of residual validation error that is being thrown in every single .aspx/.ascx page: it is a blue underline, the top line of the page, where:

<%@ Control Language="C#" Inherits="System.Web.Mvc.ViewUserControl<MyClass>" %>

It states 'ASP.NET runtime error: could not load file or assembly "[the one I successfully replaced]"'.  Consequently, I can't get any intellisense in my development environment - this is quite unproductive.

If anyone has any ideas that can help me with this, I would be extremely grateful!  I've been developing sans Intellisense for some weeks now...

Cheers,

Tim.

• Moved by Reed Copsey, JrMVP Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:35 AM Off topic post (From:Visual Studio Async CTP)
    Monday, December 12, 2011 10:27 PM

Answers