Could not find the item specified. RRS feed

• Question

• I have 5 PCs on my mesh - for some reason one of them doesn't seem to synchronize properly: the log does show all the news and show that i added files to one of the folders, however if i click on the file name i get htis error:

---------------------------
    Live Mesh
    Could not find the item specified.
    It may have been moved or deleted.
    OK  

... and the mesh "washing machine" doesn't turn, as if all the sync was complete - even though i know some folders didn't get synchronized. I uninstalled mesh, re-installed it, re-mapped the meshed folders as they should be, made sure that this machine is listed as "sync when files are added or modified" with no success. All machines are on Windows 7 Ultimate

any idea ?

thanks

S.

Sunday, December 13, 2009 4:41 PM

Answers

• So, even after a reinstall, when you log in as you on the machine, the sync isn't happening at all? Ever? Did it ever sync on this machine?
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    • Marked as answer by kensm [msft] Monday, January 11, 2010 2:15 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 2:14 PM

All replies

• It sounds like there are multiple issues there, SebNoel.
    News has been flakey since the system problems at the beginning of the month, with no new news added since around 12/3. Ignoring the notifier for a moment, does the target file actually exist in the location where you expect it to on this machine and did it get there via Live Mesh or did you manually put it there?
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, December 14, 2009 2:05 PM
  • Thanks for your response - files don't synchronize on this machine ==> it's not only a problem with news. Only difference between this machine and the other = i don't turn it on as often as the others - or more precisely: it's turned on, but my wife uses it on her account. Would be great if Live Mesh would run as a service, and synchronizes in teh background, even if i'm not personnally logged on
    Also, would be great if there was a "sync now" button to "force" synchronization if it seems to not have happened (feedback to the product team :-))
    Monday, December 14, 2009 2:11 PM
  • So, even after a reinstall, when you log in as you on the machine, the sync isn't happening at all? Ever? Did it ever sync on this machine?
    -steve
    • Marked as answer by kensm [msft] Monday, January 11, 2010 2:15 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 2:14 PM