looking for example (perform operation on client machine) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a C# web application and need to cocantenate a string and display it in a text box.  The contents of the string are the selected values from two drop down boxes, not the text in the drop down box in addition to a string variable.  I am currently doing this with a button click event at the server but was looking for an example (java script?) if possible. 

Here is what I have for the button click event

string stemp = "Hi " + dropdown1.SelectedValue + dropdown2.SelectedValue + "Bye";

textbox.text = stemp;

so would like to do this without posting back to the server

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:11 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:09 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Since your issue is related to  ASP.NET Web Application development, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  for better solution and support.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by svt44cobra66 Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:17 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:11 AM