Outlook client view sort issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have an activity view that is sorted by two columns, Owner (sorted ascending) & Actual End (sorted descending), that looks good when first opening view but loses it's sort when going to the second page (both columns go ascending).  It only does this on the Outlook client.  Works good on the web client.

Server is CRM 2011 rollup 11 and clients are CRM 2011 rollup 16

Friday, February 7, 2014 9:13 PM

All replies

• Problem 1 is that strictly speaking you have an unsupported configuration - your servers and clients should not be more than one rollup version different.

However, that should not cause a problem like this. This could be an issue in UR16 itself. I would suggest starting a support call on this as it could be a recently-introduced bug that needs to be resolved in the next rollup.

Does it make any difference if you have the view pinned in Outlook?

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Saturday, February 8, 2014 9:04 AM
  • This is exactly what I am experiencing and have opened a thread about on this forum. No answers yet though.

I am on CRM 2013 rollup 1 (Online) and experience the same behaviour in the outlook client.

When you open the view, it is sorted properly on the two columns. When you click back and forth to the view, the columns both get sorted descending or ascending (whatever sorting is assigned to the first column in line)

It does not matter if it is pinned or not.

EDIT: In my thread, I asked for confirmation and since you gave it in this thread, I have filed a "bug report" with Microsoft

• Edited by NiRe Monday, February 10, 2014 11:12 AM
    Monday, February 10, 2014 10:37 AM