none
help with Money Plus? RRS feed

• Question

• At the beginning of the year I downloaded a new Money Plus - because I couldn't figure out how to transfer my old version to a new computer. Now all of sudden it has stopped recognizing a password. It was fine, and then it stopped.  How can I reset so I can access all these files?
    Sunday, June 19, 2016 8:01 PM

All replies

• Check your Shift lock key.... the password is case-sensitive.

The good news is that Money Plus keeps your 4 latest upon-exit backup files, and I am not sure what the default number is for the scheduled backup. Each of those can be set up to 99, and could be set to 1 or zero (which would not be a good idea). I like to have the scheduled backups go to a USB  flash drive.

Anyway, one possibility is there is corruption in your file. So try restoring the latest backup. You can restore to the default name, although that will overwrite your current *.mny file. You can keep a copy on different media before proceeding.

If the file became corrupted, your latest backup might be an image of the corrupted file. In that case, restoring your second-newest backup file would be the way to go.

If you still have a problem, you might see if Sample.mny opens. It does not have a password. If that has a problem, reinstall Money Plus Sunset.

Sunday, June 19, 2016 9:36 PM
  • What version of Money did you use before, and from which country?

If you did not have a US version of Money, you cannot get your Money file to open with Money Plus Sunset. You will have to use a copy of Money 2005 available from the Microsoft Download site. The links are in the (currently) second sticky note in this forum.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Monday, June 20, 2016 11:19 PM