wrong target drive RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought an external HD and wanted to change the target drive Onecare uses for back-ups.  However, no matter how much I try to change the target drive, it always goes back to the DVD drive when the back-up begins.  Any ideas?

Sunday, December 30, 2007 4:31 PM

Answers

• Have you gone through the settings for backup and completely turned off backup? Then, configure backup, changing the destination drive and perform a new, full backup after saving the changes.

If it continues to want to use the DVD drive that was originally the destination, please contact support for help.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 1:03 AM

All replies

• Have you gone through the settings for backup and completely turned off backup? Then, configure backup, changing the destination drive and perform a new, full backup after saving the changes.

If it continues to want to use the DVD drive that was originally the destination, please contact support for help.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 1:03 AM
  • Thanks for the input, but I tried to turn off back-up and it wouldn't accept that either.  I finally had no alternative but to uninstall Live Onecare.  I can not stand software that will not respond to user settings like that.  I'll just make sure people I know also hear that Onecare is bad code.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 2:11 AM
  • I'm sorry that y had problems configuring the backup in OneCare. With the new Centralized backup feature, it can be confusing to configure backup and even more confusing to change things about backup. Thanks for trying OneCare and thanks for reporting your concerns.

-steve

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 6:48 PM