Quote to Orders, Action Create Order RRS feed

• Question

• On the Quote window you may select Actions and then Create Order.

If I add a custom field to the Quote window can I have it automatically populate a custom field in the Order window?   If so how do I set that up?

Thank you
    Monday, March 23, 2009 5:06 PM

Answers

• No, you don't need a new Relationship.  Add your custom field to the Quote entity and add the exact same field to the Order entity.  You can give the Order field a different name and label if you like but the other attributes need to match.

After both fields are created and published, go to the Quote entity and select 1:N Relationship.  Look for the following:

Primary Entity = Quote
    Related Entity =  Order
    Type of Behavior = Anything other than System (it will most likely be Referential, Restrict Delete)

Open the Relationship record and select Mappings
    Select New and map your Target and Source Attributes
    Save and Publish your changes

Remember to always export and save your customization file before making or publishing changes to Entities.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Matthews_416 Monday, March 23, 2009 7:37 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2009 6:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Please see the post below, it is the same concept only using Quotes and Orders rather than Leads and Opportunities.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/2004569c-f9cd-45e8-bf01-fd6f3defb02b

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Monday, March 23, 2009 5:49 PM
  • No, you don't need a new Relationship.  Add your custom field to the Quote entity and add the exact same field to the Order entity.  You can give the Order field a different name and label if you like but the other attributes need to match.

After both fields are created and published, go to the Quote entity and select 1:N Relationship.  Look for the following:

Primary Entity = Quote
    Related Entity =  Order
    Type of Behavior = Anything other than System (it will most likely be Referential, Restrict Delete)

Open the Relationship record and select Mappings
    Select New and map your Target and Source Attributes
    Save and Publish your changes

Remember to always export and save your customization file before making or publishing changes to Entities.

Best Regards, Donna
    • Marked as answer by Matthews_416 Monday, March 23, 2009 7:37 PM
    Monday, March 23, 2009 6:39 PM