CRM Installed OK but SCCM Advertisement Fail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am getting the following problem with SCCM Advertisement.

I am implementing CRM 4.0 with SCCM in silent mode. All the installation works fine, the CRM is installed OK and the CRM log finish with a success instalation without errors. But The problem is SCCM Advertisement told me the instalation was Fail!!!!!!

The package is configured with  "Run with administrative rights", "Hidden" and command line: setupclient.exe /Q /L "c:\clientinstalllog.txt" INSTALLLEVEL=2

The advertisement is configured with Mandatory "as soon as possible", "download content from distribution point and run locally" and without user interaction.

This is the last line of my CRM Log File:

"MSI (s) (E4:34) [11:35:05:588]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 para Microsoft Office Outlook. Product Version: 4.0.7333.113. Product Language: 3082. Installation success or error status: 0."

This is the error I get in SCCM Advertisement:

Description
    The program for advertisement "IAC2001F" failed ("IAC00011" - "CRM Test"). A failure exit code of -2 was returned. User context: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Possible cause: Systems Management Server (SMS) determines status for each program it executes. If SMS cannot find or correlate any installation status Management Information Format (MIF) files for the program, it uses the program's exit code to determine status. An exit code of -2 is considered a failure. Solution: For more information on the exit code, refer to the documentation for the program you are distributing.

guismo
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:23 PM

Answers

• Guismo,

You might want to use "VBS script to verify the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook installation".

Detailed information is in the CRM Installation guide (Page 79 or 75).

I have installed CRM Clients via SCCM and have seen the error you mentioned if we do not use the "CRM Setup Log Parser" script.
    The error occurs because the code returned by CRM is misinterpreted by SCCM.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

ITonit Support

Support@itonit.com

Http://ITonit.com

MSCRM Consultants
    • Proposed as answer by ITonit.com Saturday, November 6, 2010 1:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, November 8, 2010 4:08 PM
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 1:04 AM