Backup Data from expired evaluation (120 day) RRS feed

• Question

• Is is possible to backup data from an expired evaluation somehow. Obviously I cannot simply log in and do this as my only option is to activate (which from what I understand will not work anyway without doing a reinstall) I do have a purchased copy of WHS and understand that I can do a "server re-installation" but I would really like to make one last backup before doing so. Truthfully I would like to remove my existing IDE system disk and just run on my two WD GP 1TB drives so I will end up reinstalling anyway and hate to do it twice.
    Will microsoft give me and activation key to get me going just long enough to make a backup (a few hours) ? Or is there any other way to get in and do a WHS server backup?
    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Robert
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 3:47 AM

All replies

• Once you have reached the end of the evaluation period, a "time bomb" built into the evaluation software is activated and it progressively disables the server. There is no way to temporarily reactivate an expired evaluation copy.

To get the files in your shares, you could follow some variation on the procedure outlined in this FAQ .
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, December 13, 2009 3:50 AM