none
Upgraded to VS 2013 - cannot edit script in SSIS script component

Question

• I'm running SQL Server 2014 and just recently upgraded to Visual Studio 2013 from 2012. I was attempting to develop an SSIS solution today - the first time since the upgrade - and was blocked because I wasn't able to edit the script for a script component in an SSIS package.

I can add the object to a data flow but clicking on the "Edit Script..." button yields no response whatsoever. No error, no scripting environment. 

I'm running VS2013 Ultimate with SSDT 2013, and SS 2014 Enterprise. 

My hunch is that there are components missing somewhere but I don't know enough about this platform to piece together how things are related. I have nearly every option installed for VS2013 except for Windows Phone and app store development.

I didn't have an issue previously and I'm unsure how to debug this - especially since I'm not a real SDE. 

Thanks in advance for your help

Monday, October 20, 2014 8:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Torben E,

Maybe that you were unaware that you post this issue in Visual Studio Setup and Installation forum. This forum is to discuss and ask questions about the install and setup of Visual Studio. Obviously, this case is out of the scope of this forum. I'm unsure which forum is better for this case. Is Visual Studio General forum? Or SQL Server Integration Services forum? But I'd like to find a suitable forum along with you.

>>I was attempting to develop an SSIS solution today - the first time since the upgrade - and was blocked because I wasn't able to edit the script for a script component in an SSIS package.  

I see that you upgrade to Visual Studio 2013 from 2012. And you didn't have an issue previously. Do you mean that you can create SSIS project and edit the script for a script component before you upgrade VS?

>>ERROR: Cannot resolve reference coloader80.dll,processorArchitecture="X86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0".

From the error message, it seems that the IDE can't find the coloader80.dll. Can you find this dll in your PC? Does it exist in the path ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\"?

If you can find it, please try to register the oleaut32.dll as the thread below mentioned to see if this method can solve this issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/68d89658-b35f-4828-a9b1-31cf5cfc7717/coloader80dll-and-critical-debug-error?forum=Vsexpressvb

This error is caused by the registration for oleaut32.dll was corrupted, there maybe other dll that also named oleaut32.dll, so visual studio could not find the right oleaut32.dll.

So please download the OleAutClean.msi in this link and run it, to clean all the registration of oleaut32.dll.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/9/3/a93f06e7-5828-460c-a78b-ab89c77b6957/OleAutClean.msi

Then register the oleaut32.dll again.

1.      Right click the Commandline to run the commandline as administrator.

2.      In the commandline, run the following command if you are using Win7 or vista.

regsvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles%\microsoft shared\VS7DEBUG\coloader80.dll" . Then you will see a dialog that shows the registration successes.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Torben E,

I will move this case to SQL Server Integration Services forum for better response.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:20 AM
  • I don't think I'll get a better response since this is actually related to Visual Studio and a WInSXS issue - not explicitly SSIS.

I ran a trace on the SxS and what follows is a portion of the complete trace result, but appears to be the most pertinent

INFO: Resolving reference coloader80.dll,processorArchitecture="X86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0".
    	INFO: Resolving reference for ProcessorArchitecture WOW64.
    		INFO: Resolving reference for culture Neutral.
    			INFO: Applying Binding Policy.
    				INFO: No binding policy redirect found.
    			INFO: Begin assembly probing.
    				INFO: Did not find the assembly in WinSxS.
    				INFO: Did not find manifest for culture Neutral.
    			INFO: End assembly probing.
    	INFO: Resolving reference for ProcessorArchitecture x86.
    		INFO: Resolving reference for culture Neutral.
    			INFO: Applying Binding Policy.
    				INFO: No binding policy redirect found.
    			INFO: Begin assembly probing.
    				INFO: Did not find the assembly in WinSxS.
    				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\coloader80.dll.DLL.
    				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\coloader80.dll.MANIFEST.
    				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\coloader80.dll\coloader80.dll.DLL.
    				INFO: Attempt to probe manifest at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\coloader80.dll\coloader80.dll.MANIFEST.
    				INFO: Did not find manifest for culture Neutral.
    			INFO: End assembly probing.
    	ERROR: Cannot resolve reference coloader80.dll,processorArchitecture="X86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0".
    ERROR: Activation Context generation failed.
    End Activation Context Generation.

• Edited by Torben E Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:21 PM incomplete
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:19 PM
  • Hi Torben E,

Maybe that you were unaware that you post this issue in Visual Studio Setup and Installation forum. This forum is to discuss and ask questions about the install and setup of Visual Studio. Obviously, this case is out of the scope of this forum. I'm unsure which forum is better for this case. Is Visual Studio General forum? Or SQL Server Integration Services forum? But I'd like to find a suitable forum along with you.

>>I was attempting to develop an SSIS solution today - the first time since the upgrade - and was blocked because I wasn't able to edit the script for a script component in an SSIS package.  

I see that you upgrade to Visual Studio 2013 from 2012. And you didn't have an issue previously. Do you mean that you can create SSIS project and edit the script for a script component before you upgrade VS?

>>ERROR: Cannot resolve reference coloader80.dll,processorArchitecture="X86",type="win32",version="1.0.0.0".

From the error message, it seems that the IDE can't find the coloader80.dll. Can you find this dll in your PC? Does it exist in the path ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\"?

If you can find it, please try to register the oleaut32.dll as the thread below mentioned to see if this method can solve this issue.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/68d89658-b35f-4828-a9b1-31cf5cfc7717/coloader80dll-and-critical-debug-error?forum=Vsexpressvb

This error is caused by the registration for oleaut32.dll was corrupted, there maybe other dll that also named oleaut32.dll, so visual studio could not find the right oleaut32.dll.

So please download the OleAutClean.msi in this link and run it, to clean all the registration of oleaut32.dll.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/9/3/a93f06e7-5828-460c-a78b-ab89c77b6957/OleAutClean.msi

Then register the oleaut32.dll again.

1.      Right click the Commandline to run the commandline as administrator.

2.      In the commandline, run the following command if you are using Win7 or vista.

regsvr32 "%CommonProgramFiles%\microsoft shared\VS7DEBUG\coloader80.dll" . Then you will see a dialog that shows the registration successes.

Best regards,

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:10 AM