Can neither install nor uninstall livemesh.cab RRS feed

• Question

• I had the problem a lot of others have had installing on a brand new AT&T Fuze with Mobile 6.1. Before  I came to this forum and found that I'm not alone and the work-around, I tried re-installing the .cab file. It prompted me to uninstall the existing version, so I did. It failed and has failed on every attempt since, "Instaallationof livemesh.cab was unsuccessful". I also tried uninstalling with "Remove Programs". There I get, "Microsoft Corp. Live Mesh was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?" I select yes and it fails to remove it from the list.

I can still run the app - and still get the same error adding the phone to my Mesh. Apparently uninstalling doesn't do anything. I have both the cab file and the installation on a storage card.

Any help is appreciated,
    Mike
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:26 PM

Answers

• Hi all,

There's a couple of steps I'd like you to try out (in the meantime, we're working on a more reliable solution).

1. Reboot your phone and try uninstalling.

2. If that doesn't work, manually delete the following folders from file explorer:
    a) \Application Data\Live Mesh
    b) \Program Files\Live Mesh
    c) \Application Data\IdentityCRL

Then try uninstalling once more. Even if it doesn't uninstall after step 2, try reinstalling the cab. With any luck it should be able to uninstall the previous version.

Do let me know if it works.

Thanks,
    Archis

A Jedi in the making!
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:55 AM
  • Hello all,

Sorry for the delayed response. We've been trying to nail this down on our test phones for the last few weeks. We're all really appreciative of the detailed help you're providing on this thread in nailing down this issue.

I just need some final bit of feedback. For completeness, I'm going to recap all issues in one post. In case you feel I missed something, please do reply back.

Due to the multiple symptoms that were reported, at the end is the complete list of keys/files that if removed, should ideally remove Mesh completely.

Now two major things have been reported:
    1. Some of you could not remove all of these keys/folders completely. That part we're working on a fix. We have reports that all of this doesn't work in some cases.

In case you want to experiment, you can try going into the folder/parent key and deleting individual subfolders/files before deleting the parent. Basically, if you find that Live Mesh registry key cannot be deleted, you may try deleting a subkey called VolatileDebug under it.

2. Even after having removed all the keys/folders listed below, the problem still persisted. I just wanted to double-check on this one. Can anyone confirm this symptom? If this is the case, I may want to followup on more specifics with those who have this problem

If after these being removed, your phone should be clean of Mesh,

Delete registry key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Live Mesh
    Delete \Program Files\Live Mesh

Delete \Application Data\Microsoft\IdentityCRL

Delete \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Live Mesh.lnk
    Delete \Application Data\Live Mesh

A Jedi in the making!
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:21 AM

All replies

• I had this same issue. Sent logs. Anyone know what this is?
    Friday, December 12, 2008 2:11 PM
  • I've got exactly the same problem on my TyTN II 6.1. This is on a replacement device so hasnt had any previous versions installed. Very frustrating! Tried everything to uninstall the software with no luck.

If anyone has a fix then please let me know!
    Friday, December 12, 2008 3:38 PM
  • Interesting side-effect. I found a link to a patched build on this forum that fixes the issue - but I can't install it :-(  I've tried to 2 days now to join the device to my mesh, but this intermittent problem seems to be more of a steady issue.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 4:04 PM
  • Hi,

Our Live Mesh for Mobile development team would like to look into this issue in more detail.  If you wouldn't mind, could those of you who find yourselves unable to uninstall Live Mesh for Mobile please collect your logs and submit bug reports through Connect?  Instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forum.  If you then post your Connect Feedback ID here, I will follow up with the developers and let you know as soon as we learn something.

Thank you,

Ben.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 8:32 PM
  • Feedback ID: 387890

Mike
    Friday, December 12, 2008 8:49 PM
  • I have having the same issue and just now submitted a bug report.  My Feedback ID is 387935

Here is what I posted in my bug report which is basically the same thing that Mike was reporting:

I have an AT&T Fuze with the default ROM. It all started when I was having an issue and I was unable to login. When I started Live Mesh, it would sit at the login screen for about 3 or so seconds then automatically close (not minimize, but close). After a few times of that, I thought I would uninstall and reinstall. I did so via Remove Programs, but I get the following message: "Microsoft Corp. Live Mesh was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?" I select "yes", but it does not remove it from the list. I tried to do a manual uninstall and remove all traces of Mesh, but I can't. For example, the registry key "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Live Mesh" is always recreated when I rename the key (I am unable to delete it). Each time I try to re-install the livemesh.cab file, I get "Installation of livemesh.cab was unsuccessful".

Thanks... Keithwc
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 5:38 AM
  • I thought I'd check to see if everybody else here (i.e. Mike Yeager) was still having this issue?  I posted a message on my Bug Report to Microsoft for a status update just now, but I thought I'd check here too since there are others that were reporting this same issue.

I miss using my Mesh!

Thanks for the help and information.

Keithwc
    Monday, December 22, 2008 3:55 AM
  • Hi all,

There's a couple of steps I'd like you to try out (in the meantime, we're working on a more reliable solution).

1. Reboot your phone and try uninstalling.

2. If that doesn't work, manually delete the following folders from file explorer:
    a) \Application Data\Live Mesh
    b) \Program Files\Live Mesh

Then try uninstalling once more. Even if it doesn't uninstall after step 2, try reinstalling the cab. With any luck it should be able to uninstall the previous version.

Do let me know if it works.

Thanks,
    Archis

A Jedi in the making!
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 6:55 AM
  • Followed your steps - no joy.  Same results.  Any other suggestions?
    Friday, January 9, 2009 12:26 PM
  • FYI,

I just kept trying the process every couple of days and eventually I got signed into Mesh. No reason at all that I can think of why it worked that time. Unfortunately, I can't help troublehoot this much more right now as I'm reluctant to even try uninstalling!

Mike
    Friday, January 9, 2009 4:26 PM

• I'm also using a Fuze and here's how I've run the unistall:

It's optional to try Archis's step 2 - but it doesn't hurt

a) \Application Data\Live Mesh -- (I found this directory on my storage card)
    b) \Program Files\Live Mesh --(\Program Files\Microsoft\Live Mesh on my phone)

Here;s the good stuff...
    1. Turn off Wireless connections or put phone on Flight Mode.
    2. Cold Reboot - let phone sit for 30 seconds or so
    3. Attempt Uninstall and...

Uninstalled successfully!

I ran the process several times to verify it works.

Getting the install to successfully add my phone to has been another story. 
    When I click on the Live Mesh Icon I get the "Starting Live Mesh.." message for about 3 second and the UI closes.
    I'll just keep trying.
    • Proposed as answer by Archis Gore Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:53 AM
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 12:06 AM
  •  
    I have tried all of the above steps and unfortunately I am still having the same issue (with both the uninstall and install of the app).  Even though it did not uninstall, I reinstalled it over the top and as expected, it was "unsuccessful".  I did see the start menu icon (as always) for Live Mesh and the results was the same as sweighed said above in that after 3 seconds or so the UI closed.

I noticed that the 3 seconds, for me at least, is the time it takes to connect to the Internet.  When I am not connected to the 'Net (no data connection), I am able to get to the login screen and at that time I see it trying to connect to the 'Net (without me having done anything).  Once it connects, the UI closes.  If I start Live Mesh while I am already connected to the 'Net, I don't even get to the login screen as the UI closes right after I see a white screen for about a second.

I hope this helps with the resolution.
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 5:51 PM
  • I've been messing around with this some more and I was thinking part of the issue might be that IE is not set as the default browser on the Fuze.

So I tried the following...
    Depending on your level of expertise, you can either modify the registry by doing the following....
    (As with any registry mods, I'd advise making note of the old values in case you need to rollback)

HKEY_CLASSES _ROOT/htmlfile/Shell/Open/Command iexplore.exe file:%1
    HKEY_CLASSES _ROOT/http/Shell/Open/Command iexplore.exe file:%1
    HKEY_CLASSES _ROOT/https/Shell/Open/Command iexplore.exe file:%1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:DEFBROWSWER
    change 1 to :MSPIE
    change 0 to Pocket IE

or do the odd work around found on this post...
    http://discuss.pocketnow.com/archive/index.php/t-25106.html

I don't know if the reset of the default browser was the key, but after doing this, it took some patience and a few tries, but I finally got the login screen and was able to get my phone on my Mesh. 

Good Luck!
    Saturday, January 10, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Hi all,

I just wanted to update everyone here to let you know that we're continuing to investigate this issue.  If the steps that Archis suggested above have not helped resolve the problem for you, we would like to ask for your patience.  We are working hard to understand the cause so that we can release a new .cab that will work for everyone.  If you have any questions, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, January 12, 2009 6:38 PM
  • Here's one thing you can try. This will remove application manager's entry to live mesh, thereby allowing you a fresh install.

1. Find a way to edit your phone's registry:
    a) You can use an on-phone registry editor: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/catalog/search.aspx?catid=5&subid=22&bin=1&device=0&os=0&size=10&scope=0&qu=registry&dfw=0&page=1
    b) If you have the visual studio remote tools installed, you will find "Remote registry editor" under Start->Programs->Visual Studio 200[5/8] ->Visual Studio Remote Tools.

2. Then delete the entire key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\AppInstall\Microsoft Corp. Live Mesh"

This will ensure App Manager no longer sees live mesh as an installed program.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:08 AM
  • I'm sorry to report that the above steps didn't help.  After removing the registry entry I downloaded the latest CAB and then started the install.  It did the same thing as before in that it said:  "The previous version of Microsoft Corp. Live Mesh will be removed before the new one is installed.  Select OK to continue or Cancel to quit."  Everything after this was the exact same as before so no change unfortunately.

Thanks for the help!  It is much appreciated!
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:56 PM
  • Thanks Keithwc, for your feedback. Now I know one more thing that's not the cause.

I'm terribly sorry for the confusion this is causing. This is something we've not yet been able to repro within our test phones, and hence at times, we think we have a repro, find a fix, and it doesn't seem to work for you.

I assure you this problem is very high on our radar and we're working to find the cause and, subsequently, a solution as fast as possible.

We are highly appreciative of everyone's continued patience and tolerance to help us nail down the problem and fix it.

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 6:05 PM

• Archis -  It's no trouble... besides, weird issues typically require weird solutions... and this is definitely a weird issue.  I just thought I'd point out one thing again though... in my first message in this thread, I pointed out that even though I have removed all mentions of Mesh (both files/folders and registry entries) in attempt to manually uninstall Mesh, the only item I can't remove was the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Live Mesh registry key.  Every time I rename it (I can't delete it... when I try to it says "The key cannot be deleted") from the registry, it is automatically recreated.  It surprised me because I removed (or thought I did) all files relating to Mesh so I'm not sure how it keeps recreating itself.

You may already be aware of that (if so, then disregard this post), but I thought I'd mention it again because that key (from my view) makes it hard to completely remove all traces of Mesh from my device.

Either way... thanks for the help and let me know if you need to try other options.  If you need screenshots or video clips of anything, let me know and I can provide that and attach them to my Feedback ID that I created (Feedback ID 387935 as posted above) for this issue.

Keithwc
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:46 PM
  • Hi there, I'm Experiencing the same problems. I also tried all the above suggested solutions. At first I was able to run the program, add my mobile to my mesh en synchronize files. But I bugged and I wasn’t able to uninstall or install mesh on my mobile.

But what I did just before it stopped working was installing Compact framework 3.5. So I figured that might be the problem. But then I wasn’t able to uninstall CF 3.5 either. It just a suggestion, ‘cause I don’t know if this was the cause, but maybe that has something to do with it.  And maybe this can be the way to reproduce the error on your test phones.

Boudewijn

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:55 PM
  • Keith,

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

The symptom about the registry key is indeed unexpected. I'll look into what's causing it. It does make sense that if the key is unable to be deleted, the uninstaller would not like it.

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 2:20 PM
  • Put the phone into Airplane mode and I was finally able to uninstall Live Mesh. No error messages or anything this time.

I was going to post that I was having the same issue, but it turns out that I no longer have the issue after using airplane mode.

Thanks!

hack - prjkthack
    Sunday, February 8, 2009 1:49 AM
  • Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately, that did not fix my issue.  I'm beginning to think that something odd is going on with my particular device and the only way to "fix" it would be a hard reset.  I don't really want to do that and will not do it anytime soon (unless something else happens that requires such a drastic move).

I'll continue to monitor this thread just in case anybody else is able to come up with something.

Thanks all!!
    Friday, February 13, 2009 7:48 PM
  • Hello all,

Sorry for the delayed response. We've been trying to nail this down on our test phones for the last few weeks. We're all really appreciative of the detailed help you're providing on this thread in nailing down this issue.

I just need some final bit of feedback. For completeness, I'm going to recap all issues in one post. In case you feel I missed something, please do reply back.

Due to the multiple symptoms that were reported, at the end is the complete list of keys/files that if removed, should ideally remove Mesh completely.

Now two major things have been reported:
    1. Some of you could not remove all of these keys/folders completely. That part we're working on a fix. We have reports that all of this doesn't work in some cases.

In case you want to experiment, you can try going into the folder/parent key and deleting individual subfolders/files before deleting the parent. Basically, if you find that Live Mesh registry key cannot be deleted, you may try deleting a subkey called VolatileDebug under it.

2. Even after having removed all the keys/folders listed below, the problem still persisted. I just wanted to double-check on this one. Can anyone confirm this symptom? If this is the case, I may want to followup on more specifics with those who have this problem

If after these being removed, your phone should be clean of Mesh,

Delete \Program Files\Live Mesh

Delete \Application Data\Microsoft\IdentityCRL

Delete \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Live Mesh.lnk
    Delete \Application Data\Live Mesh

A Jedi in the making!
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 5:21 AM
  •  
    Before I get to the details, the bottom like is that I tested the above steps multiple times with no success.

The good news was that I was finally able to delete the registry key located at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Live Mesh.  Earlier it would not allow me to delete it.  I was able to delete all subitems underneath this regkey EXCEPT for the "(Default)".  It had a value of "(value not set)".  When I selected "Delete", nothing happened (as if I didn't even select Delete).  Once I placed dummy data (random keys on the keyboard) into the field, I was able to delete it.  Although then when I tried to delete the "Live Mesh" key itself, it still would not be deleted and it automatically recreated the "(Default)" regkey again with "(value not set)" again.  Very strange.  Once I placed dummy data in the "(Default)" regkey again and then did a soft-reset, I was able to successfully delete the "Live Mesh" key, but this time it did not come back.  At this point I was excited in that I thought I was on to something.

After I deleted the "Live Mesh" key, I then removed all of the other 4 items in your list.  When I went to "Remove Programs" to see what was there, the Live Mesh was still listed.  I tried to uninstall it, but it said that it was unsuccessful again (same error message as before).

I then did the above process again to remove the 5 items in your list, but this time I did a soft-reset afterwards just in case it needed a "clean boot" to remove it from the "cache" (using PC terms - not sure if mobile has a "cache").  After windows mobile came back up, I immediately went to reinstall Live Mesh (I re-downloaded the CAB this morning), and the exact same error messages appeared as before saying that it could not remove Live Mesh... yada, yada, yada.

I hope this is what you were looking for in your previous post, but if not, let me know.

Sorry for my delayed response to your request to all for info, but for some reason even though I have selected (subscribed) to "alert me" on any updates to this thread, it does not alert me (I do have an e-mail address listed in my account).  I try to check this thread every once in a while to see if updates were made, but if I don't respond soon enough, then that's probably why.  I'll eventually check this thread and be able to give any requested updates.

Keith
    Friday, February 20, 2009 6:22 PM
  • Thanks for the update, Keith. Do check back as you can as the alerts are a bit unreliable at times.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, February 20, 2009 7:57 PM
  • Thanks Keith,

That's exactly what I wanted to know.

We'll keep you posted on developments.

Sincerely,
    Archis

A Jedi in the making!
    Friday, February 20, 2009 8:31 PM
  • Towards the beginning of this support thread, it was requested that I (along with others) create a bug report and post the Connect Feedback ID here... which I did.  I am not sure if this thread is related to that Feedback ID in any way, but if it is, then I have a question.  That Bug Report was marked as "Resolved" and "Fixed" today for some unknown reason.  It is my understand that this issue is not fixed for me as I am still having the issue.

If this thread and that Bug Report are not related, then please forgive this post since you have nothing to do that with Bug Report.  If they are related, then I wanted to check here too (I also left a message at the Bug Report itself) in order to see why it was changed to "Fixed" and "Resolved".  In making sure that I have my bases covered, I wanted to post a message in both places.

If it is truely fixed and resolved, then I would love to know what fixed and resolved the issue.

Thanks for the info,

Keith

Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:45 AM
  • Hello, Keith.
    Perhaps a member of the Live Mesh team can review and explain the status change, but I'll answer generally as this is a Connect issue faced with many Microsoft betas.
    When a bug is submitted via Connect, it is triaged by the product team responsible for that beta. Based on the information provided, the bug is transferred to the internal bug tracking system and referenced to the Connect bug that we can see. The internal bug is assigned to the team or individual responsible for the code that is impacted. The problem is further investigated and then action is taken to either fix the bug, decide that it cannot be reproduced, or defer the bug for future consideration. Whatever happens internally is eventually reflected on the Connect bug. Fixed or resolved usually means that they found the bug, reproduced it and corrected the code. Keep in mind that the code that was fixed is probably not the code that we are using in the public beta. There is probably a later build of code that is being tested internally. So, if we get a new build in the near future, you may find that it is indeed fixed. If not, you would open a new bug for the process to repeat itself.
    -steve
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:20 PM
  • Thanks Stephen for the update as that makes sense.  I checked the bug report (where I also stated my question from above) to see if there was an update there too and this is the reply I received from Ken (I am posting it here in case there are others out there with this same issue and are wondering on the status):

Becuase there actually is a fix for this. When we release the next Mobile client update for Mesh it will include the fix inside of it. This was a particularly nasty bug that you found that required a large change in the code to repair.

The first "fix" repaired part of the problem, but in certain conditions it would still occur so it was reactivated to fix that. Which they did, then during the testing for that fix, another condition was found with the original installation where if you installed to a storage card we would still fail the uninstall properly.

So long story short, there was essentially 4 bugs in one that was causing this state to occur that required fixes for.

It would have been nice for that info to be posted before it was marked as resolved, but no matter... the bottom line is that there's a fix available and that's all I'm concerned with.  Hopefully the updated mobile client will be released soon.

Thanks again for your help (and Archis and everybody else in this forum).

Keith

Thursday, February 26, 2009 10:23 PM
  • Yes, the information that flows back to us as testers using Connect from the outside does tend to be limited. Since the bug tracking is actually happening internally, getting the details of the bug out to us means that they need to manually provide an update on Connect. Personally, I'd love to see the entire audit trail, but I am content with knowing that every bug submitted is triaged. If they need more information from me, they will ask. If they choose to fix the problem, or can, great. I look at it this way - I did my bit by submitting the bug and I'll leave it up to them as to how they handle it. :-)

-steve

Friday, February 27, 2009 4:11 PM

• don't work in my case :-(
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 11:23 AM
  • hi,

where can i find :

Sunday, July 19, 2009 11:25 AM
  • this is my original case asked in this forum:

I want to uninstall on my mobile device Live Mesh e install again. It's about 2 month that I try, but nothing. For uninstall Live Mesh I follow this procedure:
    -Start>Settings>Uninstall Application>Microsoft Live Mesh.. remove button.

After that i have this Error Message: "Uninstall of Microsoft Corp. Live Mesh non completed. Uninstall from installed application list". I try again and always the same error.

Live Mesh is on my device yet. in my installed application list, on my programs with a Mesh's icon, but it's not running. And in if I want create a file log that's impossible because in my Application Data there aren't Live Mesh folder. I have in Device Live Folders (empty) and I have in Programs file a Live Mesh folder.

How can delete on my device live mesh and install again it? I like use this application. It's running well also on my Windows 7 RC with my Vista Ultimate, but non on mobile.. Why????

Help me please.

Thanks

I followed all your steps delete everything, but live mesh remain in my program list, and impossible to uninstall and impossible to re-install.....
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 11:30 AM
  • hi,

where can i find :

You need to open the registry on the phone.
    http://www.scottklarr.com/topic/148/how-to-edit-the-registry-in-windows-mobile-6-wm6/

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Monday, July 20, 2009 1:06 AM
  • Hi Stephen,

I made the download of PHMRegistry Editor 0.70 following the instrunctions on your link http://www.scottklarr.com/topic/148/how-to-edit-the-registry-in-windows-mobile-6-wm6/ 

i lunched the phm software on my device with WM 6.1 pro and follow this steps:

My device>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Live Mesh and try to delete it= It's impossible "ERROR: parameter incorrect"

What i can to do? May be I made a mistake

-Raf
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:06 PM
  • Are there any sub-keys below the Live Mesh key?
    I haven't ever edited the registry on my mobile device, so I can't tell you if there's a properties or permissions issue with it.
    Have you done a soft reset of the device before you tried to delete the key?
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:22 PM
  • I just did a few searches for that error related to editing the registry. I couldn't find any specific to WM, but it appears that the error can arise if the registry contains a corrupt key.
    I wonder if you may want to consider "biting the bullet" and performing a hard reset of the device. Before doing that, you should back up any data as the hard reset basically wipes the device and returns it to the prisitine image of the ROM, as delivered by the manufacturer or following a ROM upgrade.
    -steve
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 1:29 PM
  • there aren't sub-keys below Live Mesh Key... and I done a soft reset several times.

thanks

Raf
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:57 AM
  • I try to do a reset and I'll inform you about the result.

thanks for the cooperation

ciao

Raf
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 11:00 AM
  • Sorry that you've had so much trouble with the removal, Raf, and that your only help has been through here. :-(
    If you perform the hard reset, it will most certainly resolve your problem as it removes *all* programs and data from the device that were added to the memory and reloads the ROM image, requiring you to reconfigure the device.
    -steve
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:08 PM
  • don't worry... this kind of problem are normal in beta edition: I thing... I appreciate your kind cooperation. Do you know a system/software to recover and after reloads  the ROM image directly by my mobile device (Palm Treo Pro)?

thanks

Raf
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:11 PM
  • I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want backup software for your contacts, calendar, files, and such?

The ROM is not affected by the hard reset. The ROM image is no able to be altered by you on the device. The ROM image itself is available only from the manufacturer (or perhaps 3rd parties for hacked images).

-steve
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:48 PM
  • Thanks... Sorry for my bad english.... Yes I want backup contacts, calendar, files and third part software... But I'll made a total reset and after sync by ActiveSync and re-install all third software...
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:52 PM
  • Your English is very good... :-) I thought that is what you meant. Contacts, calendar and files are best backed up with ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center. Installed programs will need to be reinstalled no matter what you use to backup. Since you are starting from scratch, the programs need to be installed, not restored to the device.
    -steve
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:48 PM