none
Duplicate posts bug RRS feed

• Question

• When it is going to be corrected? I'm really tired of reading same replies and also because I have to do extra work cleaning the duplicates I create myself.
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• We're pretty sure this will be cleared up tomorrow when the offending code in the ux tier is moved to a back end process. I think our deployment is scheduled for tomorrow around 4pm PST, so tomorrow night if you are still seeing this please reply back to this thread and we'll take a deeper look into it. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:59 AM
    Answerer
  • I'm also having to hit the Reply button 2 or 3 times before it displays the editing box. The other attempts, the screen just refreshes and displays the thread without the editing box.

All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.
    Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:40 PM
  • We're pretty sure this will be cleared up tomorrow when the offending code in the ux tier is moved to a back end process. I think our deployment is scheduled for tomorrow around 4pm PST, so tomorrow night if you are still seeing this please reply back to this thread and we'll take a deeper look into it. Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Brent,

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistarepair/thread/31af3ffe-cedd-4d80-99c1-4b28fc6d45fd

Maybe this is a coincidence today; but 2 identical posts at same time, which has been the problem all along.

Cheers.

Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner
    Friday, April 16, 2010 8:16 PM

Hi Brent,

It is worse, not better.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistainstall/thread/28d2c004-d755-4164-baa1-3de001d09434

I am now getrting 3 posts inserted with 2 error messages; read the above link..

Mick Murphy - Microsoft Partner
    Friday, April 16, 2010 10:08 PM
  • Keep getting 500 errors constantly, when is MS going to fix their forums?

Seems to happen all the time when clicking on the "My Forums" link.

Shame...

Friday, April 16, 2010 10:26 PM