Assign Message On Plugin RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

I am hopinng anyone can help me with this one.  I have developed a custom audit trail for various actions taken in CRM 4.0.  One of them being Assign.  The basic architechture is that Update, Assign, SetState and Delete messages fire plugins.  The plugins utilise a second custom database that writes away various information gathered from pre-entity and post-entity images as well as the IPluginExecutionContext.  Everything works perfectly except for the following:

When using the Assign message from the case form, whether it be the assign on actions menu or changing the owner, the plugin fires perfectly.  When using the Assign button from the toolbar the plugin never fires?

Am I using the incorrect message.  I have also noticed that when I using the assign button from the toolbar and select the 'Assign to me' option the owner is never changed to me.  However, if I user the option of 'Another user or queue' and type my name in the owner does change.  Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sunday, July 20, 2008 8:33 AM

Answers

• I think what might be happening is that the Route message is being used instead of Assign

Sunday, July 20, 2008 8:30 PM

All replies

• I think what might be happening is that the Route message is being used instead of Assign

Sunday, July 20, 2008 8:30 PM
  • Thanks David.  You are 100% correct.  The route message is the correct one and solves my issue.

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 11:51 AM
  • HI,

Plz . Can u gimme the source code for  assign owner id  in audit plugin class file... Thanks in Advance.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:21 AM
  • Hi Thilagam,

I am not sure what you mean.  Would you like the code to automatically change the owner id or the code that logs the audit trail?

Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:38 AM