Remote access support... RRS feed

• Question

• the documentation states that remote access to your home computer desktop is limted to

Windows XP Professional, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Business or Windows Vista Enterprise.

Will support for Vista Premium be added as well?  

Monday, March 19, 2007 1:54 PM

Answers

• That's referring to what operating systems support incoming Remote Desktop requests. I doubt that Microsoft has any intention of adding a Remote Desktop server to any version of Windows that doesn't already have it, so the answer to your question is no.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 4:09 PM

All replies

• That's referring to what operating systems support incoming Remote Desktop requests. I doubt that Microsoft has any intention of adding a Remote Desktop server to any version of Windows that doesn't already have it, so the answer to your question is no.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 4:09 PM
  • I have the same question...if this product is called Windows "Home" Server..should it not be supported by the Windows Xp "HOME" edition.  I think this would be a great idea to make sure it works with home editions of the software it is supposed to be used with.   Most home users are not going to splurge for Windows Vista Business or Ultimate just to use this software. 

Windows Vista Basic and Premium are what most computers come with for the home user I would love to see the ability to use Remote Access with those.

Thursday, July 5, 2007 10:31 PM
  • I agree. At least it should support a kind of Offer Remote Assistance based on a running homeserver client software and an allowed account, like I proposed in

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=285620

"Add Offer Remote Assistance Support to WHS Connector"

This feature would not only help such systems, which have no own Remotedesktop support, but also support those, who need to do some direct support tasks on the same screen like the users.

Best greetings from Germany

Olaf

Friday, July 6, 2007 12:23 PM