Some doubts regarding Microsoft Sync Framework RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are developing a mobile application on iPad. We are going to develop a middleware that will maintain the SQL Server. Changes to this SQL Server can be made through the iPad and  through the web portal(Microsoft Sharepoint with custom DB on SQL Server). iPad has its own database SQLite. In an offline mode, application will use SQLite, but we will have to maintain some synchronisation mechanism between SQLite and SQL Server. We were thinking to go for triggers, maintaining some tables that will have the data that has been updated by the portal and then synchronizing it with iPad. We have searched internet and came across with Microsoft Sync Framework. We have not worked on it. Can we use this for our purpose? What will be the approach be like if we go for this?

We have some sales rep,they will be using iPad. Their manager will be using a web portal (Microsoft Sharepoint with custom DB on SQL Server) through which he can make changes to SQL Database. Sales rep will make changes to their SQLite first before synchronizing their data with SQL Server. Data in some tables will be same for all the sales rep and in some tables, data will be corresponding to a particular sales rep. How will we manage this through Microsoft Sync Framework? Is it possible? Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kushal 

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Kushal,

For mobile apps you will want to check out the Microsoft Sync Framework Toolkit:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sync/archive/2011/09/10/sync-framework-toolkit-now-available-for-download.aspx

There are docs, samples, and code to check out.  Here is the summary:

The Sync Framework Toolkit extends the Sync Framework capabilities for building offline applications, making it easier to expose data for synchronization to applications running on any client platform.  Sync Framework 2.1 required clients to be based on Windows. This toolkit allows other Microsoft platforms to be used for offline clients such as Silverlight, Windows Phone 7, and Windows Mobile; in addition, non-Microsoft platforms such as iPhone, Android, and Blackberry can be utilized as well as HTML.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 7:20 PM
  • Hi all , 
    Microsoft sync service 4.0 giving me error from last few day …
    error : ” Value was either too large or too small for a UInt64″
    I have tried different solution but it wont work for me …
    1. copied  sync database to another database
    2. Run Hotfix from Microsoft for V2.1
    Please give me suggestion for this critical issue...
    Monday, June 2, 2014 4:05 AM