How secure is the cloud? Can privacy and security be 100% guarenteed? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to share my folder where i store all my accounts and password in so I can get them from both computers.
    Is this secure on the live desktop?
    Can Microsoft bet their lives on the security of the system so as long as none knows my passport they can't ever get the info?
    If the SDK is ever released I hope it's built on the full .NET library and one can use their own encryption security to make a secure locker based on live mesh.
    Sunday, September 14, 2008 9:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

We actually have a fairly detailed blog post that I think should answer your questions, and thus let you draw your own conclusions about what information you want to store in the cloud.

On a related note, we've seen a few customers request the ability to encrypt all data in the cloud.  I've added your vote for this feature to our internal list of customer suggestions.

I hope that helps,

Ben.
    Monday, September 15, 2008 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We actually have a fairly detailed blog post that I think should answer your questions, and thus let you draw your own conclusions about what information you want to store in the cloud.

On a related note, we've seen a few customers request the ability to encrypt all data in the cloud.  I've added your vote for this feature to our internal list of customer suggestions.

I hope that helps,

Ben.
    Monday, September 15, 2008 4:41 PM
  • this sounds good as long as the encryption is done via password and not pain in the butt certificate thing. certificates are harder to use than just typing a password to unencrypt data.
    Monday, September 15, 2008 4:45 PM