Bing error message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am new with Bing translate App but I can't use it. It keeps sending me this error message:

Argument ExceptionMethod : Translate ()Parameter:Message:The Web token must have a signature at the end.The incoming token did not have a signature at the end of the token.message id=5005.V2_Rest.Translate.2BB8C9DC

I registered my application and get both the client ID and client secret.

Please help me to resolve it.
    Thanks in advance
    Friday, October 17, 2014 12:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Marci,

The Bing Translator App that is available in the Windows Store and Windows Phone store does not require users to register for a client ID and secret, it uses its own.

If you are developing your own application using the API, please follow the documentation at http://aka.ms/translatormsdn. The most likely issue is that the token you are passing in the appid parameter does not conform to the expected format, possible due to double URL encoding, or a missing URL encoding. Best is to define a client ID and secret that do not require URL encoding.

If you are using an application that requires you to input a client ID and secret, you may want to contact the application developer. Using a client ID and secret that are plain us-ascii characters without space or punctuation may help. In any case, please let us know what application that is.

Thanks for your use of Microsoft Translator,
    Chris Wendt

Sunday, October 19, 2014 3:46 PM
  • Hi Chris, 

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the Bing Translator with a toolbar app which requires the client ID and secret. I use the application  Terminotix Toolbar from http://www.terminotix.com/ with MS Word 2010.

As I said before I used the client ID and secret I followed all the steps required by the terminotix toolbar but it still does not work. This is the error message that I get:

Argument ExceptionMethod: Translate()Parameter: Message: The Web Token must have a signature at the end. The incoming token did not have a signature at the end of the token.message id=5641.V2_Rest.Translate.34143CA0

I am a translator, not very tech-savvy I must admit, so that is why I am at a loss now.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks again,

Marci

Monday, October 20, 2014 9:48 AM