none
NNTP Bridge no longer displays the tree directory of a thread correctly. RRS feed

• Question

• From the breakdown of NNTP Bridge on Jun.28, NNTP Bridge can no longer display the correct tree directory of a thread.

Originally a thread may have different groups of replys which establish a complete tree directory. We can easily recognize the reply relationships between them. For example, if I reply a post located in the 3rd class of a thread, my reply will automatically be displayed in the 4th class.

But after NNTP Bridge recovered on Jun.29, no matter which class of post I reply, my reply will always be displayed in the secord class. In other words, after Jun.29, every new reply has been losing its tree directory information. It looks like every new reply is aimed to answer the original post in a thread. 

I am not sure whether this is caused by the NNTP Bridge server setting. Please have a look at this issue and resolve it as soon as possible.

Monday, July 2, 2012 10:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• The threading is correct, if you post the reply via the Web-UI!
    The threading is wrong if you reply via the bridge (always the root thread is the parent thread)!

Jochen Kalmbach (MVP VC++)
    Monday, July 2, 2012 11:47 AM
  • The threading is correct, if you post the reply via the Web-UI!
    The threading is wrong if you reply via the bridge (always the root thread is the parent thread)!

Jochen Kalmbach (MVP VC++)

That is the problem here. Before Jun.28, even I replied via the NNTP Bridge, the threading was also correct.

Monday, July 2, 2012 11:31 PM
  • Still an issue?

Can you build out the repro steps? Can you repro 100% of the time?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, July 6, 2012 6:04 PM
    Owner