Duration field field in Tasks IN CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• How do you remove some of the options in the drop down values. of the Duration field in the Task/Activity Entity

In the Duration field you have dropdown values that include minutes and hours and days values.

I would like to remove all the option values that are days.

They include 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nick

Nick M

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 6:23 PM

Answers

• Hello Nick,

The Duration field (actualdurationminutes) is not a normal dropdown. I don't think this is possible as the Duration attribute is a 'Whole Number' field. Fe, if you type 61 in the Duration field, it is converted to 1.01666.. Hours.

A solution would be to create a custom field (dropdown) with your desired values (hours/minutes/days/months), convert it On Save to minutes and map it as an integer to the duration field.

Hope it helps

Kind Regards

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hello Nick,

The Duration field (actualdurationminutes) is not a normal dropdown. I don't think this is possible as the Duration attribute is a 'Whole Number' field. Fe, if you type 61 in the Duration field, it is converted to 1.01666.. Hours.

A solution would be to create a custom field (dropdown) with your desired values (hours/minutes/days/months), convert it On Save to minutes and map it as an integer to the duration field.

Hope it helps

Kind Regards

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Duration field list values are not customisable using supported means so either use Nick's idea of a new option-set field & jscript or use a workflow to update the other field onchange of your new option-set.

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:54 AM
    Answerer