none
Errors when creating blank Xamarin.Forms app. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a trouble with creating xamarin project. When I do this, Vs shows a lot of errors. Even though I still can run the app, I don't think this is normal to have them in a blank project. I tried to repair vs and reinstall packages, but nothing changed. Can someone help me? Here's the full list of errors.

Error    CS0115    'MainActivity.OnCreate(Bundle)': no suitable method found to override    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\MainActivity.cs    15    Active
    Warning        Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.DarkActionBar'.    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\Resources\values\styles.xml    2    
    Warning        Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light.Dialog'.    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\Resources\values\styles.xml    4    
    Warning        No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'.    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\Resources\values\styles.xml    3    
    Warning        No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorAccent'.    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\Resources\values\styles.xml    4    
    Warning        No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimary'.    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\Resources\values\styles.xml    2    
    Warning        No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'colorPrimaryDark'.    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\Resources\values\styles.xml    2    
    Warning        No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionBar'.    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\Resources\values\styles.xml    2    
    Warning        No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowActionModeOverlay'.    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\Resources\values\styles.xml    4    
    Warning        No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'windowNoTitle'.    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\Resources\values\styles.xml    2    
    Error    CS0103    The name 'InitializeComponent' does not exist in the current context    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1\MainPage.xaml.cs    14    Active
    Error    CS0103    The name 'LoadApplication' does not exist in the current context    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\MainActivity.cs    23    Active
    Error    CS0103    The name 'TabLayoutResource' does not exist in the current context    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\MainActivity.cs    17    Active
    Error    CS0103    The name 'ToolbarResource' does not exist in the current context    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\MainActivity.cs    18    Active
    Error        The type 'ContentPage' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built.    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1\MainPage.xaml    2    
    Error        The type 'Label' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built.    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1\MainPage.xaml    7    
    Error    CS0246    The type or namespace name 'ContentPage' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1\MainPage.xaml.cs    10    Active
    Error    CS0234    The type or namespace name 'Forms' does not exist in the namespace 'Xamarin' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\MainActivity.cs    13    Active
    Error    CS0234    The type or namespace name 'Forms' does not exist in the namespace 'Xamarin' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1\MainPage.xaml.cs    6    Active
    Error    CS0234    The type or namespace name 'Forms' does not exist in the namespace 'Xamarin' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    App1.Android    c:\users\mihail\source\repos\App1\App1\App1.Android\MainActivity.cs    22    Active

Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:56 AM

All replies

• You could refer to this: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/59017/no-resource-found-that-matches-the-given-name-theme-appcompat-light
    Friday, March 16, 2018 4:22 AM
  • Hi MihailShabunin,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What version of Visual Studio do you use?

What’s the type of Xamarin.Forms project do you use?

I create a blank Cross-Platform App (Xamarin.Forms) project with Android use Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 version 15.6.1, it works fine in my side.

You could clear the cache of Xamarin.Droid package.

In my experience, Xamarin.Droid packages might be the one that caused this error. So, you are free to remove them. After removal those folders, please try to rebuild the project to restore it back. Go to the following path in your machine: Windows C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Xamarin MacOS /Users/username/.local/share/Xamarin.

And, please take a look at the thread that York Shen provided, try it and test again.

In addition, if you want to know more information, I suggest you go to Stack Overflow or Xamarin forum to get a professional answer.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Judy ZhuY Friday, March 16, 2018 5:59 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Monday, March 19, 2018 9:45 AM
    Friday, March 16, 2018 5:10 AM