Unit Test Adapter threw exception: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.CodedUITestFramework, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I  am getting the following error "Unit Test Adapter threw exception: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.CodedUITestFramework, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.." when i am trying to run a Coded UI test from from a Test Plan. I am using Visual Studio 2019 16.7.2 version. This was working fine before i updated the lastest version of Visual Studio. however, the last time it worked also had a VS 2019 (not sure the exact version). 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 6:20 PM

All replies

• Edited by DA924x Tuesday, September 29, 2020 7:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2020 7:09 PM
  • Hi..do you want me to post the Question in the above Forum?
    Wednesday, September 30, 2020 12:59 AM
  • Hi v_deva,

Thank you for posting here.

The "Visual Studio Unit Testing" forum on MSDN has been moved to Microsoft Q&A, you can get help on unit testing there.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 30, 2020 1:19 AM
  • Thank you, Timon. I posted my question in that forum. 
    Wednesday, September 30, 2020 7:18 PM