Communication issues - OC2007 to OC2005 & vice versa. RRS feed

• Question

•  

OCS 2007 Issues...

Deployment:

LCS2005 Enterprise Edition Sp1 - 2 Servers behind a radware hardware load balancer

OCS 2007 Enterprise Edition - 2 Servers behind a radware hardware load balancer

OCS 2007 Standard Edition Edge Server.

We are experiencing IM communication issues with users that have not been migrated from LCS2005.

When sending a message to an OC2005 user, the IM is returned undeliverable. Vice versa when sending an IM to a OC2007 user from OC2005. It's only lasts for a matter of seconds if you send an IM repeatedly for about 10-20 seconds.

OC2005 to OC2005 IM's are fine, OC2007 to OC2007 IM's are fine.

In an effort to fix the issue, I found an article about OCS error 409's. Adding an _ in front of your URL for Warning text.

I have added the _. No improvement.

Note: The recommended patches for LCS2005 & OCS2007 to coexist ARE INSTALLED.

Note: We also use Radware for the hardware load balancer and the pool is configured in DNAT Mode.

Note: We run symantec IMManager on our front end servers to capture the IM's per S.E.C. regulations.

Note: LCS2005 FE servers are deployed on physical Hardware & OCS 2007 FE servers are deployed on VMware 3.5

All servers Run Windows Server 2003 Standard Sp2.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:21 PM

All replies

• This may not apply but one thing I've seen often during LCS/OCS coexistenence is that the original LCS users were deployed with TCP (with the new OCS users on TLS) and one or more of the certificate on the LCS front-end server(s) have expired.  LCS users aren't affected themselves but the required MTLS communications between LCS and OCS servers fails due to the expired cert.
    Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:35 PM
  • The certs are still good but my users are in fact using TCP as the protocol. Would that be a factor?

Any other Ideas?

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:52 PM
  • You could setup the OCS2007 server to listen on TCP on port 5060 as well as having it listen on TLS on port 5061 and see if that resolves your issue.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:56 PM