How Do I Know if OneCare is Working? RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to One Care and new to these forums. I have checked for an answer but couldn't find the answer to this question.

My problem is One Care doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have set the settings for an automatic virus and spyware scan but when that should be happening One Care doesn't show me that it is happening. For example it doesn't say that a check is in progress. I have the settings for 22:00 hours. At aproximately 22:10 last night I checked One Care and it said the last virus and spyware check was done at 22:04. For the life of me I can't believe that any virus check could be completed in 6 minutes.

When it runs a Performance Check it indicates it is doing so in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and it takes some time to complete.

Is it actually performing a check?

Prior to installing One Care I deleted AVG 8 and Zone Alarm and Windows Defender remains shut down. The one care sign is green. 

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:15 PM

Answers

• If the One Care icon is green then One Care is working properly. Except for during tune up One Care performs a "quick scan", that is it only scans folders where malware typically resides.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:22 PM

All replies

• If the One Care icon is green then One Care is working properly. Except for during tune up One Care performs a "quick scan", that is it only scans folders where malware typically resides.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:22 PM
  • It is green. I was just expecting it to show it was doing something like some of the other virus checkers I've had.

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:49 PM