Removing Money Live ID RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried unsucessfully to remove WLID both on line and off line.  I do not have online services configured. I am running Microsoft Money Plus Premium version 17.0.125.1415  I have converted my files to Quicken but don't like the Quicken at all.  I would like to keep the Money running for awhile longer.  Are there any other steps to removing the WLID that I have missed? On February 1, 2011 if the WLID is still attached to the file will Money quit working completely?
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:48 AM

All replies

• I have tried unsucessfully to remove WLID both on line and off line.  I do not have online services configured. I am running Microsoft Money Plus Premium version 17.0.125.1415  I have converted my files to Quicken but don't like the Quicken at all.  I would like to keep the Money running for awhile longer.  Are there any other steps to removing the WLID that I have missed? On February 1, 2011 if the WLID is still attached to the file will Money quit working completely?

Other steps? I don't know what steps you tried. Let's assume that you know the credentials in effect when your Money file was created. You did not say whether you could get into your file now or not. The following should deal with the situation either way.

Disconnect from the Internet (pull a cable or turn off your router etc). Start Money, and log in offline. Remove your LiveID within Microsoft Money Plus at File-PasswordManager . Do not attempt to change your LiveID.

Regarding what will change with files with WLID after January, I don't know. Try to deal with it now if you can. Let us know how this comes out. Let us know if the sticky thread about removing the LiveID was confusing.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:06 AM
  • This did not work for me. I continue to get the cannot remove try again message.  I am also worried about having continued access after feb 1st.  What else can I try?
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 5:46 PM