How do I export all my data from Dynamics 3.0 to Salesforce RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am looking for information on how to export all leads, accounts, opportunities and tasks into an excel sheet so I can migrate our CRM system to Salesforce.
    Could anyone point me in the right direction?

With kind regards
    Ulrik
    I like boxes
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:24 AM

Answers

• Download and use CRM 4.0 Bulk export tool from  http://mscrmbulkupdatetool.codeplex.com/

Hope this helps
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:40 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Ulrik, sorry to hear that you're not going to be using Microsoft Dynamics CRM any longer!

There are two methods for migrating all your data to another CRM system: (1) the hard but cheap way, or (2) the easier but more expensive way. Which method is best for you will depend upon the number of records you have, the quality of your data, your technical experience, and budget.

To migrate records the hard by cheap way:
    Export all your records from each entity to Excel using the Export to Excel feature -- there is a 10,000 record limit, so you may need to get clever with Advanced Find.
    You'll need to create a spreadsheet for leads, another for accounts, contacts, opportunities, activities and so on.
    Import each spreadsheet into salesforce.com. You'll need to refer to salesforce.com documentation for the best way to do this.
    (Using this method, you won't be able to migrate attached files.)

To migrate records the easier but more expensive way:
    Purchase a data migration tool with connectors for Microsoft Dynamics CRM and salesforce.com.
    Examples include: Scribe, Qgate, Innaport, etc.
    You might need a salesforce.com partner or the data migration tool vendor or partner to provide assistance.

Regards, Neil

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:46 AM
  • Hi Ulrik, you can use Advanced Find to provide filter criteria for your CRM records, and the Edit Columns button on the Advanced Find form will help you choose which data you want to export.

With regards to relationships, this will depend on how the relationships are configured in CRM. For example, using Advanced Find all you will be able to export are the names of related records (e.g. 'Ban Ki-moon' is the Primary Contact at the 'United Nations'). Using Advanced Find you cannot export the GUID of the related record which you might need if you have records with the same names.

Advanced Find is documented in the CRM User's Guide.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 11:59 AM

All replies

• Download and use CRM 4.0 Bulk export tool from  http://mscrmbulkupdatetool.codeplex.com/

Hope this helps
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:40 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Ulrik, sorry to hear that you're not going to be using Microsoft Dynamics CRM any longer!

There are two methods for migrating all your data to another CRM system: (1) the hard but cheap way, or (2) the easier but more expensive way. Which method is best for you will depend upon the number of records you have, the quality of your data, your technical experience, and budget.

To migrate records the hard by cheap way:
    Export all your records from each entity to Excel using the Export to Excel feature -- there is a 10,000 record limit, so you may need to get clever with Advanced Find.
    You'll need to create a spreadsheet for leads, another for accounts, contacts, opportunities, activities and so on.
    Import each spreadsheet into salesforce.com. You'll need to refer to salesforce.com documentation for the best way to do this.
    (Using this method, you won't be able to migrate attached files.)

To migrate records the easier but more expensive way:
    Purchase a data migration tool with connectors for Microsoft Dynamics CRM and salesforce.com.
    Examples include: Scribe, Qgate, Innaport, etc.
    You might need a salesforce.com partner or the data migration tool vendor or partner to provide assistance.

Regards, Neil

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:46 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Neil and Mayank,

Since we have a quite small DB in Dynamics, I dnt hink we will hit the 10.000 ceiling.
    We do not have any attached files, so that will not be a problem.

As for the hard way:

Is there a a way to export relationships between entities or would I have to do that manually?
    Also where exactly do expot all data on for instance all accounts. If I click my account button I see an overview of all the account data, but it does not contain all pages and all data in th account?

Is there an export guide somewwhere I can try?

Thanks for your assistance. It is very helpful of you:)

/Ulrik

I like boxes
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 11:09 AM
  • Hi Ulrik, you can use Advanced Find to provide filter criteria for your CRM records, and the Edit Columns button on the Advanced Find form will help you choose which data you want to export.

With regards to relationships, this will depend on how the relationships are configured in CRM. For example, using Advanced Find all you will be able to export are the names of related records (e.g. 'Ban Ki-moon' is the Primary Contact at the 'United Nations'). Using Advanced Find you cannot export the GUID of the related record which you might need if you have records with the same names.

Advanced Find is documented in the CRM User's Guide.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 11:59 AM
  • Does the bulk CRM 4.0 tool work with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0?
    Again, thanks for your reply. I am looking at the qadvanced find option.

With kind regards
    Ulrik
    I like boxes
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:49 AM
  • Hi guys,

So I have gotten the advanced find functionality to work brlliantly. Thanks for the help.
    I have one more issue.

When exporting Activities, I have a bunch of activities where the specific users has added an email to the activity. When I export this, the result is that excel complains that the cell value is too large. Furthermore the cell under description contains html tags for the email but not he email itself. Is there any way to export the emails themselves with the appropriate opportunity/account reference?

Kind regards
    Urik
    I like boxes
    Monday, January 18, 2010 11:59 AM
  • Check CozyRoc SSIS+ library here. It includes adapters for both Dynamics CRM and Salesforce. It is based on the powerful SQL Server Integration Services platform.
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:10 PM