Addresses RRS feed

• Question

• I would find it very helpful in my business if I could export just the addresses from S&T to an Exel or Word file.

Is this possible?

George

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:24 PM

All replies

• I am not aware of a method other that copy, paste.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 8:37 PM
  • Well, it might be possible depending on what data you have in S&T.

Specifically, if the address data is associated with pushpins you can export it to Excel.

For instance, if you had done a series of address searches and created pushpins then pushpins would be created with the address data in the pushpin balloon.  This can be exported as a GPX file (>Data>Export to GPX file) which can be opened in Excel.  Open it (overriding the default file type option and selecting "All files") as an XML workbook or as a CSV file and you will see a column in the spreadsheet that contains the addresses.

Or you can do more or less the same from a route.  Each stop would have to have the text of the address but that would be shown in a column of the spreadsheet if exported as a GPX file, per above.  You may have to rename some or all of the stops to get exactly the address text you want.

Or you can do it as a combination of a route and pushpins, although the address data will show up in different columns.

So, George, I would say a conditional "yes" to your inquiry.

• Edited by Philip K1 Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:17 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Philip K1 Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:18 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:14 PM