Mailed software, and have not yet received word on Genuine Advantage offer RRS feed

• Question

•  

I sent in my copy of MS Office 2003 Professional Enterprise edition after it failed validation earlier this year.  It had passed validation before.  I made up a report, printed out a copy of all the emails from the vendor I bought it from, and mailed all in a CD pack on 9/29/07.  I have not heard anything from Microsoft about whether or not this software, which once passed validation, failed now. 

I need my software verified ASAP so I can upgrade to MS Office 2007.  PLEASE let me know if I qualify for this Genuine Advantage Offer.  I am moving at the end of the month, and would not like to lose this software if I'm eligible for the free offer, and it is sent to my address here in Brooklyn.

Nayda Quiros

Saturday, October 27, 2007 4:34 AM

Answers

• Nayda,

Did you receive any email confirmation when your piracy report was received?  If so there should be a number located on the email for you to contact.  The information may be found @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/us.aspx#phone .  There is a number here you may all but I think it is an automated service to actually file the report. Also you can email the piracy location and request feedback.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, January 3, 2008 7:45 PM
  • Hi Nayda,

As Stephen said please try contacting this phone number: (800) RU-LEGIT , however as he pointed out this may be an automated system.  If you are not able to get a response from the phone number provided please follow up with an e-mail to piracy@microsoft.com and include as much detail as possible about your previous piracy submission.

Thank You,

Matt Prall, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 6:39 PM
  •  Hello Nayda,

Thank you for posting back. Hopefully you are settled in with your new location.  I have forwarded your information up channels. Still I encourage you to call the number previously provided so you may track the Piracy case you submitted in Sept 2007. Unfortunately I do not have any further information regarding your particular situation. Should I receive any information I will post back here in the Forum on this thread. Also we appreciate you taking the time and providing the information. Take care Nayda :-).

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:17 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:17 PM

All replies

• Nayda,

When you filled out the piracy request you should have received a customer support phone number to call for questions did you?

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 12:11 AM
  • hey there Stephen:

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

I didn't receive any customer service phone numbers or contact information - I did a search on the site here, found the contact information, and that's what I called in mid-October; I was told by the customer service representative that when the CDs I sent in were evaluated, I would receive word about my eligibility for the Office offer, which would be in a bout six to eight weeks.  In the meantime, my family and I have moved, and are finally settling down from the Holiday madness.

I don't have the number to call any more - would you be able to forward that to me?  I'll need to update my address information so I can be sure I receive the information.

Thanks again for your help.

Nayda

Thursday, January 3, 2008 7:19 PM
  • Nayda,

Did you receive any email confirmation when your piracy report was received?  If so there should be a number located on the email for you to contact.  The information may be found @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/us.aspx#phone .  There is a number here you may all but I think it is an automated service to actually file the report. Also you can email the piracy location and request feedback.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Thursday, January 3, 2008 7:45 PM
  • Hey there Stephen:

I have not yet received any confirmation on the discs I submitted for verification - whether email, postal, or otherwise. 

Do you have that number handy?  If so, I would like to attempt a call later this week. 

Thanks again for all of your help to date.

Nayda

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 5:43 PM
  • Hi Nayda,

As Stephen said please try contacting this phone number: (800) RU-LEGIT , however as he pointed out this may be an automated system.  If you are not able to get a response from the phone number provided please follow up with an e-mail to piracy@microsoft.com and include as much detail as possible about your previous piracy submission.

Thank You,

Matt Prall, MS

OGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 6:39 PM
  • Hello Nayda,

I would really like to get a better understanding of this issue so we can better assist not only you but other users with similar problems as well.  Could you please submit a service request with Microsoft Product Support using the following link:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52029.  Please include the following information in your service incident.  Next if possible and provide me answers to the highlighted questions back in this thread.

Your product key for (Office or Windows) 

Only the last 15 Digits of the Key

Business location where purchased

-  Business Address where purchased

-  Phone number where purchased

Point of Contact @ the Business (if you had any)

If purchased on the internet please provide the website

What alias was the individual using online?

-  Provide us with your email address, telephone number and/or Cell number so we can reach you and provide you with   an update.

Did you purchase the computer brand new, used, @ an auction, off the internet or how?

If so please provide all the details.

Is the computer a commercial built system or was the system custom built by a local shop?

Do you have all the original software which was originally installed on the computer @ the time of purchase?

- Last has the computer ever been turned in for repairs if so please provide detailed information as above? 

Also please run the diagnostic test again for inclusion with the support incident. This will enable us to review current information after any changes you may have made. Once you have done that, please reply back to this post and provide the SR # generated by the service request.  I will work with you and provide this information you provide to my supervisor.  Please let us know if you would be willing to do this!!

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 6:44 PM
  • Hey there Stephen:

Apologies for taking so long to reply. With a new job, a sick parent, and still recovring from a move, it's been difficult trying to keep track of everything that needs to be done.  Here is the information you requested from me earlier.

Your product key for (Office or Windows) 

Only the last 15 Digits of the Key

Here is the Product ID from Word 2003’s help screen. I regret I can’t submit the original Product Key, since I don’t have the discs any more (I mailed them in September of 2007, with my original Genuine Advantage request paperwork, to the Microsoft offices in Philadelphia):

73931-640-0000106-57819

Business location where purchased

I purchased this software online from a company called Gizmos2go.com on 1/2/05, and paid $107.88 for it, including taxes and shipping.

-  Business Address where purchased

Gizmos2Go

5067 Walnut Grove

San Gabriel, CA 91776

-  Phone number where purchased

I can’t currently find a phone listing for the company.  This company’s address & phone number is difficult to find online.

Point of Contact @ the Business (if you had any)

There was no real point of contact – I did a web search for the software on Yahoo.com! for pricing, and this company’s listing was returned in the results, with prices.

If purchased on the internet please provide the website

www.gizmos2go.com

What alias was the individual using online?

There was no alias used – this is a storefront business located in San Bernardino, California.

Provide us with your email address, telephone number and/or Cell number so we can reach you and provide you with an update.

Here is my current address and phone number:

When I mailed the Genuine Advantage offer with the discs in September of 2007, I lived at a different address – here it is in case you decide to track that down:

My cell is  email is

Did you purchase the computer brand new, used, @ an auction, off the internet or how?

If so please provide all the details.

I bought this Dell Dimension 4100 desktop in May of 2000 as a refurbished unit with all of the peripherals directly through Dell.com, and paid close to $1100.  It was not listed as an auction.

Is the computer a commercial built system or was the system custom built by a local shop?

This unit was a commercially built unit by Dell. 

Do you have all the original software which was originally installed on the computer @ the time of purchase?

Yes, but it will take time to locate it – I’ve moved and all boxes haven’t been unpacked yet.

- Last has the computer ever been turned in for repairs if so please provide detailed information as above? 

I sent this computer for repairs in December for (1) removal of internal hard drive, and (2) replacement of motherboard. The motherboard finally failed in December during the move, and I’ve never needed to send it for repairs before.  Since the Genuine Advantage Offer paperwork and discs were sent in September of 2007, three months before I needed repairs, I’m not sure if this is needed.  The store personnel didn’t do anything to the software at all.

The store I sent the computer to is listed below:

CompTools

6510 New Utrecht Avenue

Brooklyn, NY

Also please run the diagnostic test again for inclusion with the support incident. This will enable us to review current information after any changes you may have made. Once you have done that, please reply back to this post and provide the SR # generated by the service request.  I will work with you and provide this information you provide to my supervisor.  Please let us know if you would be willing to do this!!

I just ran the Office Validation tool again (5:23 AM), and this is the result:

This computer has failed validation. Expand for details.

Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003:

Validation Failed - The product key used to install Office has been blocked by Microsoft.  [0x80180114] 

I’ve also run the service request via the link you sent, and here is the information you requested from that:

Incident Title: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional failed validation.

Support Request Number: 1061381071

Severity Rating: Severity C (Minimum business impact)

Type of Response: Email to
    Response Time: Within 8 business hours

View Incident Online: https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?tp=il

I hope this helps you.  Again, many apologies in the communications lag, and thanks for any help you can give me.  I hope to speak to you soon.

Sincerely,

Nayda Quiros

• Edited by Stephen Holm Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:49 PM Removed personal information.
    Thursday, March 13, 2008 10:07 AM
  • Hey there Stephen:

Haven't heard anything since my last post back in March, so I'd like to know if any progress has been made on my issue here about the pirated copy of MS Office 2003 I mailed in to Microsoft almost a year ago.  The previous post has all the information you'd requested; however, I have not yet received my replacement copy in exchange for the copy I mailed in, nor have I learned anything else from Microsoft about any resolve to this issue.  I've had to purchase a new computer, as well as a new copy of MS Office, to replace the disks I sent in, and now I really need this replacement sent to reinstall on the old computer for a school-age child who needs this other computer for her work.

PLEASE let me know what happened.  Thanks!

Nayda
    Nayda Quiros
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:07 PM
  •  Hello Nayda,

Thank you for posting back. Hopefully you are settled in with your new location.  I have forwarded your information up channels. Still I encourage you to call the number previously provided so you may track the Piracy case you submitted in Sept 2007. Unfortunately I do not have any further information regarding your particular situation. Should I receive any information I will post back here in the Forum on this thread. Also we appreciate you taking the time and providing the information. Take care Nayda :-).

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:17 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:17 PM