• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:19 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 3:17 AM

All replies

• how can i remove the genuine microsoft

A.  Install genuine Microsoft software.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:19 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 3:17 AM
  • "rosalinda cabias" wrote in message news:066515a8-92e3-4ae9-8d09-f05c5a37153f...
    how can i remove the genuine microsoft

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, December 20, 2010 3:29 AM
  • A. what a rude response! We pay a lot of money to have computers in our homes and on the net. I can not validate xp on my store bought computer or vista on my other store bought computer. once you ran your validate my vista based computer crashed and no longer works at all. I do not like being inconvenienced  every time i try to log on my computer and i refuse to pay more money for a version of windows that is all ready paid for...so is there a "B" to your response? Or is a rude corporate responce the only one available?
    Monday, December 20, 2010 4:22 AM
  • Hello Woodmonster,

There is nothing about the wga process that would "crash" a Vista computer, so it's more likely that failing the WGA process and the crash were both symptoms of a problem and and not a cause and effect situation.

For further support, follow this process AFTER starting your own thread in each of the two separate sections of the forum, one for your XP computer in this section of the forum, and one in the Vista section of the forum for your Vista computer:

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" several times to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

Also, please look on the computer for a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA).  If there is a CoA, please tell us what version and edition of Windows is listed on the CoA, and if there is a manufacturer's name or "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" printed on the CoA.  Do not post the product key printed on the CoA.

Monday, December 20, 2010 5:12 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:19 PM