Win 7 Cannot Connect to WHS Shares RRS feed

• Question

• I have a WHS (SP3) that has been working fine in all respects EXCEPT for my recently set up 64 bit Win7 machine. I cannot login using the "run" command \\winserver\public or otherwise open any shared folders. I always get the message "Windows cannot access \\Winserver\Public (or whatever the share name is) access denied you do not have permission..." Needless to say all the XP machines breeze right in, just the Win 7 machine is out. I previously had a problem with the same username on 2 machines and the account would be invalidated, so I created a new username/password which is the same on both the Win 7 machine and WHS. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING.

Incidentally sharing from the "HOMEGROUP" works just fine. I can view pictures & video from the Server on the Win7 machine. Just can't access the folders on the WHS.
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 11:27 PM

All replies

• I have a WHS (SP3) that has been working fine in all respects EXCEPT for my recently set up 64 bit Win7 machine. I cannot login using the "run" command \\winserver\public or otherwise open any shared folders. I always get the message "Windows cannot access \\Winserver\Public (or whatever the share name is) access denied you do not have permission..." Needless to say all the XP machines breeze right in, just the Win 7 machine is out. I previously had a problem with the same username on 2 machines and the account would be invalidated, so I created a new username/password which is the same on both the Win 7 machine and WHS. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING.

Incidentally sharing from the "HOMEGROUP" works just fine. I can view pictures & video from the Server on the Win7 machine. Just can't access the folders on the WHS.
    You can try the FAQ post:  How to fix share access issues where user name and password are requested and see if it helps (at least to determine if your logon name on your client matches what you set up in the Console on your server).
    Monday, November 30, 2009 2:12 AM