Cannot create an instance of the following .NET Framework object: assembly Microsoft.Interop.Excel, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c, type Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass RRS feed

• Question

• Using Rapid Start I get this error when exporting to Excel - please advise resolution;

Cannot create an instance of the following .NET Framework object: assembly Microsoft.Interop.Excel, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c, type Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass

mlu

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 7:59 PM

Answers

• mlu,

Do you have Excel installed on the machine?

Anyway, the current forum is for developers and VSTO-specific questions. I'd suggest contacting the RapidStart developers instead.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cindy Meister MVP Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:27 PM
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Lanie_umali,

It sems that you were automating Excel application using Excel PIAs. Would you mind sharing the code you were developing?

Also here is sample that demonstrates how to use Visual VB.NET codes to create a Microsoft Excel instance, create a workbook, fill data into a specific range, save the workbook, close the Microsoft Excel application and then clean up unmanaged COM resources:

VB app automates Excel (VBAutomateExcel)

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 9:28 AM
  • mlu,

Do you have Excel installed on the machine?

Anyway, the current forum is for developers and VSTO-specific questions. I'd suggest contacting the RapidStart developers instead.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, February 19, 2015 4:13 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cindy Meister MVP Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:27 PM
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:02 PM