locked
WorkFlow for appointment, why the target entity in Inputparameter always contains the attributes "optionalattendees","organizer" and "requiredattendees" ? RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I have a problem of my customered workflow for appointment, I have set this workflow triggered when the attribute "organizer" has been modified. But when i updated the field "category" of the appointment, this action triggered this workflow. So I list all the attributes in the target entity of InputParameters. I found that the target entity always contains these 3 attributes  "optionalattendees","organizer" and "requiredattendees", does someone know why?
    In these case, when I change the owner of the appointment, the workflow starts twice.
    IF I dont set the triggered attribute "organizer" for this workflow, il will work find, but i need the worklflows starts when the "organizer" has been changed(the workflow will send an email), how can i do it?
    Thanks

    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:10 AM

All replies

  • Check the JavaScript on the Appointment form to ensure there is nothing setting the submit mode on those fields to 'always' - as this will submit the field values to the database even if they haven't changed; and therefore will trigger any plugins/workflows that run off those fields.

    Hope that helps

    Paul


    If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

    Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Hello Paul, Thanks for the reply.

    I forgot to write that I have disable the plguin on activity, disable the onload and onsave evenement (there is no code for onchange), then I do the same test. These 3 attributes still appeared in the InputParameter. I dont know if it is a native thing.....

    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:04 AM
  • Hello,

    I refind my old thread last year.

    Recently, I have done some tests about this for MSCRM 2013.

    I have a plugin registered in the post-operation for the event "Update" and "reschedule".

    1. When I modify an appoinment from its form and click on the "save" button, both of the post-update and post-reschedule was trigged, the "Target" entity in the post-reschedule doesn't contain the attributes "optionalattendees","organizer" and "requiredattendees" but Target" entity in the post-update contains theses 3 attributes

    2. When i use crm sdk to execute an UpdateRequest, only the post-reschedule was trigged and the "Target" entity doesn't contain the attributes "optionalattendees","organizer" and "requiredattendees".

    3. Whtn i use crm sdk to execute an RescheduleRequest,both of the post-update and post-reschedule was trigged, the "Target" entity in the post-reschedule doesn't contain the attributes "optionalattendees","organizer" and "requiredattendees" but Target" entity in the post-update contains theses 3 attributes.

    Someone can explain it? Thanks so much

    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:02 PM
  • I haven’t experienced this personally, but if indeed this is the case,  I suggest working around the issue using these steps:

    1.        Create a second organizer field and sync it with the original organizer onchange using javascript.
    2.        Set both your workflow and plug-in to trigger when the new organizer is changed.

    HTH


    http://totbcrm.blogspot.com/


    • Edited by Adi Katz Wednesday, August 6, 2014 1:59 AM
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 1:59 AM
  • Hello Adi Katz,

    Thanks for your reply, the buisiness logic should be trigeed when at leate one of the fields "requiredattendees","optionalattendees" and "organizer " has been mofiied, so for the moment, i has migrated the code from workflow to plugin, and registerd this plugin on "post-reschedule" event (not post-update) which can give me a correct target entity.

    Thanks again

    Friday, August 8, 2014 9:57 AM