How can I enable instant chat in OCS 2007 R2 without logging in to OCS client? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having Office Communication Server 2007 R2 (Standard Edition) installed in my organization with Exchange 2007. I would like to use the presence available with OCS 2007. The same I wanted to use without logging in to OCS client, the way we are using Gtalk in Gmail. Is there any way to do the same?

Regards,

Sheril

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:16 AM

Answers

• Sheril,

MOC is not integrated into Outlook, so at this time, you must have an OCS client to be able to see presence in other applications (Outlook & Sharepoint)

• Marked as answer by Sheril K Jose Sunday, June 14, 2009 9:02 AM
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:15 PM

All replies

• In order to utilize OCS end-user's must sign-in to an Office Communicator endpoint (client, Web Access, OC Phone, etc) and authenticate their credentials matching a SIP-enable Active Directory account.

What specifically are you trying to accomplish?
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:55 AM
  • Hello Jeff,

I wanted to integrate OCS with MS outlook, so that I can chat and see the presence of users directly from outlook itself. For example when we are logging to Gmail account we can chat with our friends in contacts.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:46 PM
  • Sheril,

MOC is not integrated into Outlook, so at this time, you must have an OCS client to be able to see presence in other applications (Outlook & Sharepoint)

• Marked as answer by Sheril K Jose Sunday, June 14, 2009 9:02 AM
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:15 PM