print button disappeared in report viewer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi CRM 2013 Gurus,

since migration to dynamics crm 2013 fall edition, that some of my users cannot see the little print button on the report viewer when running a report.

I have checked all permissions I can think of (printing on the Business Management tab,  etc.) and all seems ok.

Also, doesn't seem to be machine specific, as I can log in with other users (although with SysAdmin Role) that can see the button.

Anyone faced this problem ?

Thanks,

Romeo

Romeo

Monday, December 30, 2013 6:30 PM

Answers

• Can you try the same using different browsers (IE/Firefox/Chrome)? It could be because of an incompatible browser.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by a_Romeo_ Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:58 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 7:26 PM
  • Oh! that is a tough one... you could try assigning a copy of the role that has print enabled and then reduce the privileges as required. I found this to be an easier way out of such issues.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by a_Romeo_ Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:59 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 8:16 PM
  • Well, just to close this... apparently this really related to the browser. IE that I was using was version 11, and I guess it is not yet fully supported, so the answer was adding the URL to compatibility settings, so that CRM always runs in compatibility view. The rest of the browsers used were another problem... apparently Chrome is not Supported by Report Viewer. So it is not a problem with CRM but with report viewer. There is no workaround to this. Hope this clarification helps someone... cheers!

Romeo

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:58 AM

All replies

• Can you try the same using different browsers (IE/Firefox/Chrome)? It could be because of an incompatible browser.

• Marked as answer by a_Romeo_ Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:58 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 7:26 PM
  • Hi Mamatha,

I already did that... as I said in the first post, I used the same machine (and browser) with 2 diferent users and I get the problem. All points to privileges problem, but I checked them and unless there is this magic privilege that I don't know of....

Thanks,

Romeo

Romeo

Monday, December 30, 2013 7:29 PM
  • Oh! that is a tough one... you could try assigning a copy of the role that has print enabled and then reduce the privileges as required. I found this to be an easier way out of such issues.

Monday, December 30, 2013 8:16 PM
  • Well, just to close this... apparently this really related to the browser. IE that I was using was version 11, and I guess it is not yet fully supported, so the answer was adding the URL to compatibility settings, so that CRM always runs in compatibility view. The rest of the browsers used were another problem... apparently Chrome is not Supported by Report Viewer. So it is not a problem with CRM but with report viewer. There is no workaround to this. Hope this clarification helps someone... cheers!

Romeo

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:58 AM