none
Not adding points RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have answered multiple questions for the last 5 days but the points not getting to my profile.

Please resolve this issue.

Regards,Eshwar.

Please don't forget to Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful. It will helpful to other users.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:01 AM

Answers

• Check multiple threads on this same topic in the Profile forum. The missing activity is a known issue and the team is working on it and promised to restore points once the source of the problem became known.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 1:12 PM

All replies

• I think even opening 1000s of threads will not really help. It either seems to be a hard issue to fix, or the issue fixers are on holidays.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:03 AM
  • Is ur answer marked as an answer?

ONLY answers can earn points;)

If you think one reply solves your problem, please mark it as An Answer, if you think someone's reply helps you, please mark it as a Proposed Answer

Help by clicking:
    Click here to donate your rice to the poor
    Click to Donate
    Click to feed Dogs & Cats

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:04 AM
  • No it happens to me too. There are a few answers and like 10 helpful votes missing in my activity.

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:09 AM
  • oops……

Maybe the time delay?

If you think one reply solves your problem, please mark it as An Answer, if you think someone's reply helps you, please mark it as a Proposed Answer

Help by clicking:
    Click here to donate your rice to the poor
    Click to Donate
    Click to feed Dogs & Cats

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:12 AM
  • Why do you mean, time delay? Usually it took like 15mins until my points got updated, now there passed already over one week.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:20 AM
  • Check multiple threads on this same topic in the Profile forum. The missing activity is a known issue and the team is working on it and promised to restore points once the source of the problem became known.

My blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 1:12 PM
  • +1 :(

Gian Paolo Santopaolo - softwarelab.it - thedarksideof.net
    Disclaimer: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:48 PM
  • Yes, we're hoping that the points will be restored. Say, I didn't get this helpful vote or a vote in another thread today.

My blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:59 PM
  • I only get points if Mods mark replies as answer. Votes and answer markered from the asker is not recognized.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:29 AM
  • Still nothing happened.. Still not reflecting the points.

Regards,Eshwar.

Please don't forget to Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful. It will helpful to other users.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:46 AM
  • I only get points if Mods mark replies as answer. Votes and answer markered from the asker is not recognized.

Yes, this is what I am seeing also.

Can this really not be fixed?

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:53 AM
  • Yes, this is what I am seeing also.

Can this really not be fixed?

today I got the points for an answer which is marked by the asker:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprogeneral/thread/1b99c7ad-f4f0-4eba-82be-77f1ccf89c01/#414771b4-1211-4b89-9894-73281158e311

Maybe the issue is fixed now. But the old points are still lost.

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:32 PM
  • See Mara's answer in this thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/3ae7ce1e-d033-43fb-8876-dd5ec58ebdec

As I understand from these replies, the activity (at least forum's activity, since WiKi activity is still not working) is not going to be missed going forward. They are working on a possibility to restore lost activity.

My blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:36 PM