Canon SD600 won't connect/ transfer pictures RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Canon PowerShot SD600. When I tried to transfer the pictures over to my computer via usb and the Zoom Browser EX application, it did not work. I even tried opening ZoomBrowser EX and selecting Aquire&CameraSettings> Connect to EOS Camera, but it keeps giving me a message that says "Choose Canon CameraWindow for this camera." What does that mean?????? How do I get my camera to connect to my computer so I can transfer my picutes?

Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    this forum is about the operating system Windows Home Server, so that your question is offtopic here.
    In case your operating system is Windows Home Server, you should be aware, that attaching a camera to the server is not supported.

Instead of using the Canon tool you should be able to access the pictures directly via Windows Explorer as additional drive (given the camera is detected as removeable media) and copy the files manually to the wanted location. Also the service Windows Image Acquisition should be enabled and started on the computer.
    You also might ask your question to the Canon product support or to a Canon camera dedicated forum.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 9:52 AM