Request Ownership of Contact using Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• We have salesmen that need to request ownership of contacts. I thought a good way to do this would be to create a work flow and when the salesmen notices a contatc that should be his he could just click on the workflow and select the one that says "Request Ownership of Contact"

I have created the workflow that can be run OnDemand  which is supose to send an e-mail to sales administrator requesting ownership of that contact along with the contact information. When ever this runs it never sends and the status says waiting. When I open up the workflow and got the job it says " An error has occurred. Try this action agian. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Comunity for solutions or contact" ...ya da ya da ya da

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Friday, March 19, 2010 4:53 PM

Answers

• ensure your user's have rights to run the workflow and the workflow scope is set to Organization.  If that doesn't work, then provide the steps of the workflow.  Also ensure all your Sales Administrators have valid e-mail address in their User record so the workflow can send the e-mail (if that is the field you are using for the recipient or To in the e-mail address.
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    • Marked as answer by j_ttc Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:00 PM
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:08 PM

All replies

• You can check the real error message by creating an advanced find view with return columns 'errorcode' and 'message', then filter the advanced find view to find you workflow log, you should then see the real error
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
    You will find:
    Bulk Delete Launcher(Delete data based on advanced find queries)
    Form Javascript Manager (export/import javascript from forms)
    ISV.Config Manager (graphical ISV.config edition - export/import)
    View Layout replicator (customize one view and replicate to others)
    And others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Friday, March 19, 2010 5:08 PM
  • I have tried advance search and I do not see a colum "errorcode" or "message". could this be that we are running the online version?
    Friday, March 19, 2010 5:53 PM
  • Did you update the resulting columns (see in the advanced find toolbar)?
    My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com
    You will find:
    Bulk Delete Launcher(Delete data based on advanced find queries)
    Form Javascript Manager (export/import javascript from forms)
    ISV.Config Manager (graphical ISV.config edition - export/import)
    View Layout replicator (customize one view and replicate to others)
    And others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Friday, March 19, 2010 6:08 PM
  • ensure your user's have rights to run the workflow and the workflow scope is set to Organization.  If that doesn't work, then provide the steps of the workflow.  Also ensure all your Sales Administrators have valid e-mail address in their User record so the workflow can send the e-mail (if that is the field you are using for the recipient or To in the e-mail address.
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    • Marked as answer by j_ttc Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:00 PM
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 5:08 PM
  • Thanks so much ....after reviewing in more detail I found the issue.
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:02 PM