Video problems for Remote users in live meeting and communicator 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Our setup is as follows we have a Consolidated Enterprise OCS 2007 server and an OCS 2007 Edge Server also consolidated.  Currently there are just 10 users.  Everything works fine inside the office, but when our home users try to connect using video problems start happening.

with communicator 2007 (2 persons in the conversation):

1. When having a video conferencing with a user at home there is a little bit of delay in the voice and the home user experience a slowness when trying to delete files from the network drive while the video conference is on.

with live meeting client (2 persons in the conversation)

1. When Audio is enable without video we have no problems using live meeting.  But as soon as Video is enable the person at home can't answer their ip phone.  If they do they get kicked out of live meeting.  Also there is a 10 second delay in the conversation.  So we end up having a Video meeting with everyone in the office and just audio for the person at home.

Does anyone has an idea of what can be causing this problem?  We try video using MSN and that works fine without any delays.  So we don't understand why live meeting and communicator 2007 has so many problems.

Thanks

Friday, April 18, 2008 7:50 PM

All replies

• Ir is probably a bandwidth issue.  MSN and Live Meeting use very different technologies as well.  It also sounds like you are trying to do this over a VPN connection.  Yet more overhead.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:12 AM
  • I would agree that bandwidth is probably the first problem (always is in high demand environments that require low latency in the network).  What does your network topology look like?  What speed is your internet pipe?  Are you running this in VM?

Monday, July 28, 2008 7:31 PM
  • I agree with everyone about the Bandwidth issue. But I would also check the  Router that the home user is using. We have had some issues where the code on the router caused some delay. So when we changed it things were better. If you are not using an Edge server and doing this through vpn then you will have issues very much like this the overhead via a vpn just kills video.

Thursday, August 7, 2008 5:42 PM
  • You should deploy Quality of Experience Server to monitor the Quality of your Audio/Video and Conferencing conversations

Download the server

http://www.pro-exchange.be/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=700

Download the docs

http://www.pro-exchange.be/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=703

Thursday, August 7, 2008 7:46 PM
  • Hi all

I have the same issue, in my servers. 
    Judy, could you fix it? 
    In my case we think that the bandwidth is sufficient (6Mb/s download and 600 Kb/s uploading for the client) and more than 10 Mb/s downloading with 5 Mb/s for uploading in the servers carrier. We have this problem only with 2 clients.

Thank you very much for your time 
    Best Regards 
    Alex Casanova
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:45 PM