Beta V2.0 Online Photo Backup. RRS feed

• Question

• I was invited to install and use Online Photo Backup. After I have finished the subscribe step and select "Turn On OneCare OnLine Backup", I get an error, “No subscription was found”.

I received the following message from OneCare

"This mail is confirmation that you successfully activated Windows Live OneCare Online Backup Beta on Monday, September 24, 2007. Here are the details: ................................."

My operating system is 64 bit Vista Ultimate. What can I do to correct the problem?

Monday, October 1, 2007 6:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Per the email invite for this test, contact ocbeta@microsoft.com to report the problem. You can also contact support and file a bug - 

Support for 2.0 Beta - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2 - use the "Get More Help" link in the lower right of the page to contact support via email.

Please file a bug on Connect: https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=168

See the Bug Submission Guide - http://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=3480&SiteID=168 - for details on how to create and submit the Support Log zip file with your bug.

-steve

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 12:48 AM
  • My problem seems to be that I signed up for theOnline photo backup using my chief1954@charter.net email identity. I originally signed up for the Windows Live Onecare Beta using my va_pelkey@hotmail.com email identity. The error I get is "8059". How do I get the two back in sync?

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 6:31 PM
  • I suspect that you won't be able to. To subscribe to the photo backup, you need to already have a subscription to OneCare. It would appear that the activation process detected the subscription, but did not carry forward the ID for activation of photo backup. This would be a bug and one that I believe will be fixed prior to release.

-steve

Monday, October 15, 2007 6:41 PM
  •  

i cant use my token key.. i follow the step when i get to the click here to continue online i click that and i dont get the option to use my toke key ANY WERE... any one have any ideas whats up?
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:27 AM
  •  JJDWwii wrote:

i cant use my token key.. i follow the step when i get to the click here to continue online i click that and i dont get the option to use my toke key ANY WERE... any one have any ideas whats up?

Is this for basic activation of a new install or for the Online Photo Backup? Is this for 2.0 or the 1.6 production version?

-steve

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:33 AM
  •  

this is for the phot online back up. i recived an email saying that i was asked to try the online photo part of the beta. it says i need to activate using the token key in the email and to follow thes instruscion to activate with the token eky.. i hit subscrib enter my live ID and pass then i click continue online then it say there should be 2 option subscribe or use activate token.. well there is nothing like that at all
    Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:18 AM
  • I believe that, at this time, online photo backup should be available *without* a token for testing for English language locations. I have not seen the email announcement yet, but it was supposed to be staged for sending to all registered 2.0 testers that are in English speaking countries. It will not require a token. So, I believe you are now trying to use the activation method from an older email that you had set aside. There is an email address in that email with the token - email that if you are unable to proceed with online photo backup and you are in an English language country.

Note that anything backed up to the servers will be deleted from the servers at the end of the beta period.

-steve

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:28 PM
  • Photo backup started working after the latest update. Problem solved.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:54 PM
  •  Chief1954 wrote:

Photo backup started working after the latest update. Problem solved.

Great news - thanks for reporting that it's fixed for you.

-steve

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:20 PM
  •  

yea mine is still not working what build do you have maybe i dont have the newest one im 2.0.2392.4
    Thursday, October 25, 2007 12:18 AM
  • I have the same version as you.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:06 PM
  •  

i guess ill just have to wait for 2.0 to be released casue i cant seem to get it to work on my end at all. but i still like the software
    Friday, October 26, 2007 12:42 PM
  • What actually happens when you try to activate Online Photo Backup now? With the latest version, as long as OneCare 2.0 is activated with a beta key, you should simply be able to configure the photo backup without any further activation. The original instructions for those invited to test backup no longer apply. The only restrictions are that you are in an English language country with an English OS and that OneCare 2.0 beta is activated.

-steve

Friday, October 26, 2007 2:38 PM
  •  

im from Canada and the thing is  cant use the token key they gave me . when i open WLOC 2.0 and go to the back up section i dont have the photo back up active so i follow the instructions to use the token key they gave me ther is NO PLACE to enter it any were. so ill just pass on it for now cause its VERY VERY Annoying to me now speding all this time on this

Friday, October 26, 2007 3:54 PM
  •  JJDWwii wrote:

im from Canada and the thing is  cant use the token key they gave me . when i open WLOC 2.0 and go to the back up section i dont have the photo back up active so i follow the instructions to use the token key they gave me ther is NO PLACE to enter it any were. so ill just pass on it for now cause its VERY VERY Annoying to me now speding all this time on this

The instructions for activating online photo backup with a key was from earlier in the beta. It may also end up being the process to use when OneCare is released. At this time, you should be able to use the photo backup as long as OneCare is activated itself. If you go to Help/About in OneCare or look at the lower left corner of the main screen for OneCare does it show that you are activated and subscribed with an expiration some time in the fairly distant future? If not, you won't be able to use the photo backup feature. Once OneCare is activated, photo backup should be an available option for you without further activation.

-steve

Friday, October 26, 2007 4:47 PM
  • I had the exact same thing happen to me.  I ended up completely uninstalling OneCare 2.0 Beta and re-installing it from scratch.  After activating it again online I was able to access the Online Photo Backup Feature.  It works well now.  Best of luck.
    Friday, October 26, 2007 11:24 PM
  •  OnTrack wrote:
    I had the exact same thing happen to me.  I ended up completely uninstalling OneCare 2.0 Beta and re-installing it from scratch.  After activating it again online I was able to access the Online Photo Backup Feature.  It works well now.  Best of luck.

Thanks, Steve. Where are you located? (Country)

-steve

Saturday, October 27, 2007 2:01 AM