OCS, OES, Avaya S8300 and AudioCode Mp114 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!!

In this momment i'm deploying a scenary test with PBX Avaya S8300 and OCS. I'm using a Media Gateway AudioCode Mp114 for conect PBX with a Medietion Server but i don't know how configure the Medietion Server to conect with the Media Gateway? the VOIP_Guide help to configure this??

Could support AudioCode Mp114 the Office Exchange Server 2007 and Office Communication Server 2007 both in the same network and work fine with those Servers? i need something more??

How  conect both servers & media gateway?? with a ethernet switch?? i don't know if the media gateway can integrate both servers?!!!
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:46 PM

All replies

•  

The MP 114 is not really a supported gateway for production use. but yes it will work with both servers I know this because I have 3 audiocodes boxes working with both UM and OCS. It is possible to have the PBX send calls to Exchange UM via the audioCodes box. and at also have OCS calls that are directed from the PBX to OCS flow over the gateway and go to the mediation server.

As far as configuring the mediation server there is not much to it. Install it follow the wizards and it works. The gateway on the other hand takes a little more thought. But it all works.

Thursday, August 7, 2008 5:09 PM

• Ok that's very helpful. But have you worked with Avaya PBX? or the PBX it's not really important for integration? i mean, you can work with another PBX and the gateway configuring its almost the same...?

Besides, when you refer to "the gateway in the other hand" take more thought? what's you refer?
    this is the side for the gateway configuring to works with OCS and UM?. !

Thanks!!
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 6:17 PM
  • The type of PBX is not really important for OCS it is the Gateway that handles all difficult stuff to integrate into the PBX.

Integration into PBX is most of the time the same depending on the available lines you have on the PBX: Analog, BRI or PRI.  But most implementation will use QSIG to integrate and that is an international standard.

A Gateway should not be used to connect to both OCS and Exchange UM.

It should only connect to OCS or Exchange UM after all you are probably using the same telephone numbers for OCS Endpoints and UM Mailboxes

Thursday, August 7, 2008 7:37 PM
  • Hi man, thanks for your opinion, but you say "A Gateway should not be used to connect to both OCS and Exchange UM" but in all topologies i've found  a Media Gateway is the door between  the PBX and Microsoft OCS & UM. In the architecture from AudioCodes's page i found that you conect the Media Gateway (Mp 11x, Mediant 1000, Mediant 200) to your enterprise LAN.

Then when you say "should not be use to connect to both" what's exactly do you mean? have you found another topologies for deployment the MediaGateway and connect to Microsoft? It's necesary another media Gateway if i want connect both solutions??
    Friday, August 8, 2008 1:32 PM
  •  dbuc wrote:
    Hi man, thanks for your opinion, but you say "A Gateway should not be used to connect to both OCS and Exchange UM" but in all topologies i've found  a Media Gateway is the door between  the PBX and Microsoft OCS & UM. In the architecture from AudioCodes's page i found that you conect the Media Gateway (Mp 11x, Mediant 1000, Mediant 200) to your enterprise LAN.

You don't necessary connect it to the Enterprise LAN, you can also choose to connect the Gateway directly to the Mediation Server (then you are not exposing unsecured sip to your network)

But offcourse you can connect it to the LAN

dbuc wrote:

Then when you say "should not be use to connect to both" what's exactly do you mean? have you found another topologies for deployment the MediaGateway and connect to Microsoft? It's necesary another media Gateway if i want connect both solutions??

No you should route all traffic to OCS and OCS should take care of routing to UM

But if not all your users with Exchange UM are on OCS then you have to add another Gateway or do some complex routing on your Gateway

Friday, August 8, 2008 1:44 PM
  • Thanks man thast very helpful. Then your advices is connect Media Gateway to Mediaton Server, but in Microsoft TechNet Library i found help for Exchange UM and OCS deployment with Media Gateway separately. I mean there are library to integrate OCS with the MediaGateway (AdioCodes support) and library to integrate UM with the MediaGateway (AudioCodes support).In test scenary i need to take some way to integrate the solutions.

First i make integration between Mediations server and MediaGateway to deployment a solution for communications and later adds UM integration? Thats the way for a good scenary? Integrates OCS Media Gateway & later make UM integration with the OCS???

where i could found informations about how to make thats integration??....
    Friday, August 8, 2008 2:31 PM
  • You can find the information on how to integrate OCS with Exchange UM in the Enterprise Voice deployment guide

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=24E72DAC-2B26-4F43-BBA2-60488F2ACA8D&displaylang=en

Friday, August 8, 2008 2:38 PM
  •  

Actually Audio codes to OCS and the same audiocodes to UM are supported for coexistense. I have this configured at multiple sites some with avaya and a couple with other PBX's and it is not complex. it is actually pretty easy. So yes it can be done and it can be done with the specific models you are talking about.
    Friday, August 8, 2008 9:08 PM
  • Thanks, Actually about the integration between Microsoft & Avaya, there is no support by the side of Avaya for the integration with IP Sofphone and OCS 2007 only with Live Communication 2005 in this moment.../?. Otherwise maybe can make the integration with AES Server from Avaya that implies the acquisition of more licenses and equipments (more expensive). 

About the clients. The MOC client of Mircrosoft has 18 features and other functionalities that you need to deployment communications in an enterprise, then what's the idea to deployment or install the IpPhone of Avaya? adding two and another features to client like call pickup and call forward?
    Friday, August 8, 2008 9:36 PM
  •  

Correct on the IP Softphone there is no support for it. in many cases the MOC client takes the place of the IP Softphone.
    Saturday, August 9, 2008 3:01 AM