CRM 2013 Workflow triggering multiple times for fields in Business Process RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

A Very good morning.

The workflow associated to a field in business process raises different actions based on what was selected, now every time if a user updates field value, a task has to create, but we instead get two calls created. Is there a way to ensure each workflow is only run once?

I thought of using a flag field, but I have more than 10 fields on which workflow's will trigger. So, that is not reliable.

Could somebody help me resolving this issue. I searched over net for the issue, but unable to find a specific solution.

Thanks in advance.

Jugal Kishore Dandamudi.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:06 AM

All replies

• Work flow trigger based on the selection you made in "start when:" on the workflow.

please look at process sessions associated to that workflow, and have a look at status reason that explains the reason why the workflow has triggered.

if the reason was different then this explains why it was triggered twice.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 12:22 AM
  • Hey Hi Vasavi,

I did that prior only. The status reason says "Record Field Changed" and that is when I except it to trigger.

Unfortunately, I could see it getting triggered twice.

Thanks for your interest.

Is there any other way that I can check and resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Jugal Kishore Dandamudi.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 4:20 AM
  • Do you have AutoSave enabled in the organisation ? One of the drawbacks of AutoSave is that it can result in multiple updates of the same record, which can lead to a workflow being triggered multiple times.

If possible, try disabling AutoSave to see if this resolves the issue

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:07 PM
  • I'm afraid Auto-Save is set disabled.
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 4:23 AM