Windjobs.org ~ Meta info not being read RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My site's (Wind Jobs) meta info is not being read by live.com, I've resubmitted the site to twice in live.com's "
    Submit your site's URL" Is there something more I need to do?

Sincerely,
    David

Friday, December 26, 2008 4:32 PM

Answers

• Okay. I just wanted to get on the same page.Unfortunately, there is no way to manually change the snippet info. However, I suggest submitting the sitemap with the <changefreq> dates set to daily. That might trigger a recrawl.

Brett

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi David,

when you say  meta info, what exactly are you meaning?

Taking a stab at what you might be meaning:

I see that we have you indexed:

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=site%3Awindjobs.org&form=QBRE

have you tried submitting a sitemap to our tools? I also suggest reading the FAQs located at the top of this forum and at the top of the ranking forum to get a better understanding of how Live Search works.

Brett

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 11:00 PM
  • Hi Brett,

Thank you for your follow up.

I have not submitted a sitemap as of yet but, I will.  I'm also going to read through your FAQs.

In regards to the meta info, my site reads:

Untitled Document

The Premier United States Wind Jobs Website. Please visit us again shortly

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 3:23 AM
  • Hi Brett,

Thank you for your follow up.

In regards to the meta data on live.com windjobs.org reads:

Untitled Document

The Premier United States Wind Jobs Website. Please visit us again shortly

but the meta data on the index page is:
    <title>windjobs.org - Wind Jobs</title>

<meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="The #1 jobs site for career minded professionals seeking employment in the wind industry around the globe.">

which should read in the search results as...

windjobs.org - Wind Jobs
    The #1 jobs site for career minded professionals seeking employment in the wind industry around the globe.

Please let me know what I can do to correct this. If it's submitting a sitemap to live.com tools, could you please sent me a link to that page.  

Best regards,
    David

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 3:36 AM
  • Okay. I just wanted to get on the same page.Unfortunately, there is no way to manually change the snippet info. However, I suggest submitting the sitemap with the <changefreq> dates set to daily. That might trigger a recrawl.

Brett

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:06 AM
  • Dear Brett,

Recently, I've launched a completely new version (v2.3) of my site windjobs(dot)org and I'm still not appearing any where in the Live.com search even when I submit a  search for "wind jobs".  I added the new site to your site submit but, that does not seem to help. Please advise.

Sincerely,
    David Levitz

David L.
    Friday, May 22, 2009 5:05 PM