Range of IM message RRS feed

• Question

• First, I'm not Bilingual so excuse my English.

Dear Sirs,

Can the range where the message reaches be set?
    Example. In group of AD(Active Directory).

Best regards,

KUMA-zo.

Monday, November 10, 2008 11:38 AM

All replies

• Would it be possible to rephrase your question ?

Sincerely,
    Tonino Bruno
    Monday, November 10, 2008 11:10 PM
  • Hi!, Tonino.
    Thank you very much for your help.

To transmit the IM message only to the person of the same group, I want to control.
    The person who is belonging to a different group cannot give the IM message.

Were you able to understand?

Sincerely yours,
    KUMA-zo.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:07 AM
  • How many users are in your environment?  One option would be to configure the contacts on the Blocked Access List accordingly.  I don't think there is a way to limit IM conversations by AD distribution lists.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:44 PM
  • Perhaps this sample code from Microsoft is close to what you are looking for ?

Ethical Walls for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 - Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 API Sample
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=070dbcab-472a-4ec1-aeac-9273eccd70c9&displaylang=en

Basically this sample code prevents user from a specific OU to communicate with users from another OU. I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to take this sample and use AD Groups instead.

Sincerely,
    Tonino Bruno

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:38 PM
  • Hi!, Tonino.
    Hi!,Jeff.

Thank you very much for your help.

KUMA-zo.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 7:53 AM
  • Or you can use the Resource kit script:LCSAddACEs.wsf 

The Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Add Access Control Entries (ACEs) script, LCSAddACEs.wsf, is a WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) script used to add ACEs for Office Communications Server users

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b9bf4f71-fb0b-4de9-962f-c56b70a8aecd&DisplayLang=en

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:59 PM