Why are div tags showing in the subject line of email templates? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I'm wondering why <div></div> tags are showing up in the subject line of email templates. Can anyone tell me how to make sure these don't show up?

Thank you!

Friday, March 14, 2014 5:02 PM

All replies

• Haven't seen that one before, are you populating the subject line from JS when using the templates?  Or is this when editing the templates before use?
    Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:43 PM
  • No I'm not using an JS. I simply created a new Global Email template. Its extremely basic, just a standard subject line with a paragraph in the body. Whenever someone clicks to add template those div tags show up. And now to make matters more annoying half the users are experiencing another issue where the template body doesn't load into the email. Instead an error message pops up saying "This object model command is not available in e-mail."
    Monday, March 17, 2014 1:42 PM
  • Weird.  On-Premise install I assume from the screen shot?  Are you on the latest update rollup?  Otherwise that might be a bug that you will need to talk to Microsoft Support about.
    Monday, March 17, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Yes, on-premise and RU16. I figured out a way around it. I took an out of the box email template and modified it to what I wanted. For whatever reason the existing templates don't show the div tags, just the ones I create. The other problem still persists though with the "object model command is not available in e-mail" I'm wondering if this is more on the Outlook settings side then CRM but I'm having difficulty finding anything on the web that talks about this issue. Thanks for your responses by the way.
    Monday, March 17, 2014 3:11 PM
  • No problem, good luck!
    Monday, March 17, 2014 3:34 PM