Vista activation wrongley requested RRS feed

• Question

• I am writing this on behalf of a friend of mine ( yes honestly ), he's has a HP laptop for nearly a year now when he received a message stating something like he required an activation key for his Vista installation or if he did not have one then to purchase one from Microsoft.  Instead of phoning myself of anyone else for advice he did not know the key was on the sticker on the underneath of the laptop and thought he need to purchase a new key after a year !!!! he purchased the key from Microsoft here in the UK and after talking to me about what he did I suggested he could try to get a refund.  He and I tried to get some advice from Customer Service here in the UK but no one had any idea of who to talk to.

Can anyone out there help.  Email address, phone number etc.  His wife isn't to pleased with him as she couldn't beleive that he didn't contact me ( I am a Microsoft Partner ).
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:06 AM

Answers

• Hello Cre8tivetoy,

Thank you for visiting us today :-).  Pleae reference Knowledge Based "KB" article: "Activation and registration of a Microsoft product" located here:

Telephone Activation Centers:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851

Next locate the link "Microsoft Activation Centers Worldwide Telephone Numbers" at http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/existing-customers/activation-centers.aspx and locate the UK. Call the activation center and see what they may do for you. Unfortunately this falls outside our support scope for the WGA forum but hopefully this will be a step in the right direction.

Take care,

Stephen :-)

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, June 16, 2009 8:51 PM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 8:51 PM