Product Key in hand, but still conterfeit? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a symbol in the bottom right that says I may be a victim of conterfeiting.  My computer orginally had Windows ME.  Then I upgraded to Windows XP Professional after I had a software incapatability problem.  The shop I took it to and installed the Windows XP professional gave me the Product Key on an actual Microsoft Certificate of Authenticity.  So why I am having to deal with this?  Can I actually talk to somebody and resolve this now or is this method most effective?  I do not want to take the computer back to the shop.
    Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Interjunk:

Please refrain some referring any racial slurs. While we value the opinions of all users, we will not tolerate that kind of behavior.

What is the exact validation failure message you are recieving? Are you 100% sure the Product Key on the computer matches your COA? To check your product key, use our Diagnostics standalone located here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Please ensure that your COA matches your product key. If it does not, let us know.

I hope this helps, and please watch the verbage you are using.

-Phil Liu

Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:27 AM
  • Mr. Liu,

Thank you for your quick reply.  I did not imply any race.  My difficulty has been with several customer service calls I have had in the past year have been strained by the person helping me.  Whether it been an Irish, Spanish, or Asian, I have, at least once, resulted to spelling the words I was saying.  It is very aggrevating and I was venting toward you.  My apologies.

The product key on the COA does not match my computer.  Did I enter the key wrong some time ago or what?  The numbers are not close.  What now?

Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:14 AM
  • Please submit a cse at the below link and they will be more than happy to assist you in determining the status of your issue and provide options that are available for you depending on the outcome...

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=9860&

hth

davar

Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:27 AM